• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • landmarke

Mar 2, 2009
    Does ordering today count enough to be in before the ban, considering paperwork for this wouldn't be submitted till after the 1st?

reckless1911

Nov 19, 2012
    Odenton
    Does ordering today count enough to be in before the ban, considering paperwork for this wouldn't be submitted till after the 1st?

I would say this deal is pretty useless to us unless this can be ordered and shipped today and received monday by an FFL "WILLING" to accept and immediately do paper work. Most FFLs I know are only doing pick ups monday.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    I have a hard time believing anyone could get one of these shipped to an FFL and the paperwork completed by 9/30 - seems impossible

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    In theory don't you have till monday as long as you are billed the same day.

In this case wouldn't being charged for the item = purchase order?

Be careful though if they do not bill until they ship you could be screwed.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I would say this deal is pretty useless to us unless this can be ordered and shipped today and received monday by an FFL "WILLING" to accept and immediately do paper work. Most FFLs I know are only doing pick ups monday.

FFL Paperwork need not be done by the 1st....one only needs to "purchase" said item before the 1st. So as long as PSA charges before the first we are good to go. (might even be able to call them and say "hey...take my money!"

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    In theory anyone that waited this long must have been living under a rock :)
    I would buy local at this point - options are still out there and there is no worrying about if you got the paperwork or a purchase order in on time.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    FFL Paperwork need not be done by the 1st....one only needs to "purchase" said item before the 1st. So as long as PSA charges before the first we are good to go. (might even be able to call them and say "hey...take my money!"

I bet you won't find an FFL willing to do it no matter when the "purchase" happened if the paperwork is going in after 10/1. but who knows....

Select fire:tdown: in Glen Burnie has it on their website that they seem to be saying you can purchase their lower and AR inventory into November. I don't want to be onboard for that potential train wreck.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    In theory anyone that waited this long must have been living under a rock :)
    I would buy local at this point - options are still out there and there is no worrying about if you got the paperwork or a purchase order in on time.

Not completely true. Maybe they had been on a buying frenzy and needed to wait to be paid. I know I was awaiting another check due to some last minute purchases.

landmarke

Mar 2, 2009
    Just called the Bank Gun and Pawn in Havre De Grace. They said no go, as they understand it the paperwork must be submitted by the 1st.

They are also have no lowers in stock.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Not completely true. Maybe they had been on a buying frenzy and needed to wait to be paid. I know I was awaiting another check due to some last minute purchases.

You are right. Everyone's situation is different. I didn't see spending $140 on a stripped lower to secure a future AR build as a big thing with 6 months to plan it out. When I made a purchase last week (only because I sold something) it seemed like people were reacting and it had a panic feel to it, as if 10/1 was a complete surprise.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Hafers had some aeros for 170.

But for that price I would go engage all the way.

If it can be done though 99 for a lower and lpk is a great deal.

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    IIRC PSA announced MD residents had to have their orders in by Sept 15th, any orders placed after would be cancelled and subject to a restocking charge. Sorry guys...

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I bet you won't find an FFL willing to do it no matter when the "purchase" happened if the paperwork is going in after 10/1. but who knows....

Select fire:tdown: in Glen Burnie has it on their website that they seem to be saying you can purchase their lower and AR inventory into November. I don't want to be onboard for that potential train wreck.

Sure Shot will do paperwork if you have a receipt dated pre 10/1, just like the law says they're allowed to.:thumbsup:

ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    I ordered from PSA on the 19th. I didn't get anything about shipping so I called on Tuesday the 24th and was told that PSA was viewing all Stripped Lowers as pistols. Since we had the HQL law to contend with their system cancelled the order and I wouldn't be charged. I was charged and got shipment on Thursday of the lower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom