• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    Not sure why, but I got this out of the blue today (and, yes, her name appears to really be Jessica Alba)...

We have an opening for an IT Field Support Technician in location BCPS, onsite, and travel between BCPS locations for our client Baltimore County Public Schools. If you are interested, kindly reply to me or call me at (720)-650-3234. I really appreciate your interest & time.

Job Details: -
    Title:
    IT Field Support Technician
    Job ID: JMI-614
    Client: Baltimore County Public Schools
    Duration: 12 Months (Monday- Friday)

Job Description:

All field technicians are required to be onsite and travel between BCPS locations. Employees will be expected to travel across Baltimore County. It takes approximately 1 to 1.5 hours to travel across the county in standard rush hour traffic. Please keep in mind that employees commuting from areas that are already 1 to 1.5 hours away may have an additional commute and are expected to be at work on time and work until the close of business. BCPS cannot guarantee that employees will be stationed in an area close to their homes or child care.

Employee Requirements

· Must be able to start on or around August 22, 2022.
    · Must be able to pass drug and background screening.
    · Must be able to present a fingerprint card prior to the start date.
    · Must be able to work onsite and travel between multiple locations

Hours and Location

· Work location will be at multiple schools/locations within Baltimore County.
    · Work hours will be determined during hire but will be 7.5 hours per day between the hours of 7:00 AM and 4:30 PM.
    · Work days are M-F. No holiday pay or school closing pay will be paid.
    · Travel is a part of this position’s duties.
    · BCPS does not pay mileage for contractor positions

Jessica Alba

IT Recruiter | DatamanUSA, LLC | Email: jessica@datamanusa.com
    (720) 650-3234 (Primary) | Website: www.datamanusa.com
    6890S Tucson Way • Suite 100 • Centennial, CO • 80112 • USA

Last edited:

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    From what I have heard, that's a pretty good gig.
    I beg to differ, no mileage, only 7.5 hours a day, and they call you a contractor, so no benefits, if they close the school you are supposed to go to no work=no money, probably 1099 contractor, and as often as schools are closed, Easter Break, Winter Break, Summer Vacation, you will work less than 30 hours a week. Now if it pays over $125/hr I say hell yeah.

Jake4now

Not Disapproved
    Jul 20, 2022
    Baltimore County MD
    I beg to differ, no mileage, only 7.5 hours a day, and they call you a contractor, so no benefits, if they close the school you are supposed to go to no work=no money, probably 1099 contractor, and as often as schools are closed, Easter Break, Winter Break, Summer Vacation, you will work less than 30 hours a week. Now if it pays over $125/hr I say hell yeah.
    More than likely the friend of a friend of mine is an employee. From the stories I’ve heard, that’s the good gig, but you never know the contract could turn in to a full time deal.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I don't envy someone that needs to make it Catonsville area to top side of the beltway at 2:30-3 to go to one of the schools in Carney.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom