• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Just a few things I never got around to and want to just have done. Opportunity to handle these things are getting slimmer with weather, work schedule and daylight.

Rear springs (did full Bilstein 5100 and OEM Z71 springs, just didn't do rear springs).

Engine mounts (have two new OEM from the dealer ready to install).

AT filter (new, from dealer).

Would like to change gear fluid, too.

Buddy is a parts manager so I have all the stuff just looking for a qualified, experienced someone to do the job.

Annapolis area. Can do cash.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Thing is my local shop is a good one, too.. they don't do work on customer provided parts. I'll have to see if your recommendation is of the same mind.

forkauto

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Sep 26, 2013
    Hampstead, Md
    Thing is my local shop is a good one, too.. they don't do work on customer provided parts. I'll have to see if your recommendation is of the same mind.

Many Maryland shops are the same way. About 5-6 years ago, Md Garage Keepers policies stated that we have no insurance coverage on customer supplied parts against workmanship, defects, etc. After a while some shops just put a disclaimer on the repair order, During a court case, the defending shop was told the disclaimer is worthless as they are supposed to be the professional and know better than a customer. They lost a large amount of money so a lot of shops are gun-shy now

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Many Maryland shops are the same way. About 5-6 years ago, Md Garage Keepers policies stated that we have no insurance coverage on customer supplied parts against workmanship, defects, etc. After a while some shops just put a disclaimer on the repair order, During a court case, the defending shop was told the disclaimer is worthless as they are supposed to be the professional and know better than a customer. They lost a large amount of money so a lot of shops are gun-shy now

Learn something new here everyday

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom