• ...and so much more!
  • Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Yes.

Either they are ignorant of MD's gun laws, or too lazy to remove the 30 round mag from the box.

Its looks like the barrel length is 14", so it either needs SBR tax stamp or a permanently attached extension.

Onua

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2008
    Carroll County
    Yes.

Either they are ignorant of MD's gun laws, or too lazy to remove the 30 round mag from the box.

Its looks like the barrel length is 14", so it either needs SBR tax stamp or a permanently attached extension.

if the barrel is 14" why do the call it 16?

eews3

Mar 28, 2009
    Howard County
    Yes.

thank you. i guess i asked him to ship mag to delaware and he does not want to do it.
    with muzzle device attached, I believe it is >16"

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    You can it shipped to a VA, PA or WV dealer, and go there to do the paperwork, 30rd mags and all. There is nothing remotely close to it on the MD "assault rifle" list, so it's not regulated. Although legal, you definitely do want to check with the destination dealer first, some are a little shaky on out of state regs.

eews3

Mar 28, 2009
    Howard County
    You can it shipped to a VA, PA or WV dealer, and go there to do the paperwork, 30rd mags and all. There is nothing remotely close to it on the MD "assault rifle" list, so it's not regulated. Although legal, you definitely do want to check with the destination dealer first, some are a little shaky on out of state regs.
    Can I ask him to send the mag to DE and send the gun to MD? I asked a seller and he said it is conspiracy? Is it true?
    Is the mag any special? I would like to have a mag with that original Flat Dark Earth color..

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Can I ask him to send the mag to DE and send the gun to MD? I asked a seller and he said it is conspiracy? Is it true?
    Is the mag any special? I would like to have a mag with that original Flat Dark Earth color..

Brownells produces their military contract (full mil-spec, produced for the armed forces) in "SOCOM Tan". 20 and 30 rounds. If worse comes to worse, ditch the mag and have the rifle shipped without a mag to a MD dealer.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=21225/Product/AR_15_M16_20____30_ROUND_MAGAZINES

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    You can do that? Is that just with unregulated guns?

Yes, There is nothing keeping me(PA resident) or a MDer from buying a non-regulated long gun out of state, perfectly legal. There is some language in both state laws that says "it is legal to buy a long gun in a contiguous(shared border) state, however there is nothing saying it isn't legal to buy from a non-contiguous state, that language was put in place IIRC for the 94AWB that mandated contiguous and in-state long gun sales only, being the ban expired, it is no longer a valid concern, but some dealers still take it to mean you have to be in a contiguous state to sell a long gun to an out-of-state resident. Pistols of course have to be transferred in state, and private transfers(without FFLs involved) have to be between 2 residents of the same state. Most states have a law where the laws of both states have to be followed, so being there is additional requirements for regulated long guns in MD, those have to be transferred to a MD FFL. FNH SCARs, PS90s and other cool scarry guns, they were not out when MD passed the regulated long gun law, and are not even remotely considered copies of anything on the list, so they are considered long guns only. In fact my 2 most recent long gun purchases as a PA resident have been from MD FFLs. The only problem is that navigating federal gun laws, and your state's gun laws are tough, especially with one as screwed up as MD's, and being a PA or VA dealer may only have a faint idea of what the law is, they may refuse the sale till they can make sure it is legal, or simply refuse it entirely.

Also, being the 20+rd mag law is a MD law, and it is legal to buy out of state and posess when you return to MD, it would be perfectly legal to have a SCAR, Robarms XCR, rem 870, HBAR AR or any other non-regulated long gun shipped to an out of state dealer, fill out the 4473, and take the rifle and 30rd mags home. Some dealers like Freedom Armory in Glen Rock are right over the PA line from MD, and are very farmiliar with these laws. I have seen many MDers go there, buy a non-regulated rifle, and leave with it, or buy a regulated rifle, take the mags out, and keep them as the dealer ships the rifle to a MD FFL for the paperwork.

ezeerider

Mount Airy, Marylandistan
    Feb 10, 2009
    Mount Airy, Md.
    Yes, There is nothing keeping me(PA resident) or a MDer from buying a non-regulated long gun out of state, perfectly legal.

Very interesting. The reason I ask is because I just bought a Saiga 12 off gunbroker.com and its coming from North Carolina. Its not a regulated firearm in Md or Va but it seems as many Md dealers are selling them as regulated anyway, so that would mean an 8 day wait to get my gun. If I had it shipped to Va or Pa, I could just go pick the thing up as soon as it arrives there. Am I understanding this correctly? Is there anything illegal about this? By the way, thanks for your very detailed reply.

evilf150

Aug 28, 2009
    essex
    Very interesting. The reason I ask is because I just bought a Saiga 12 off gunbroker.com and its coming from North Carolina. Its not a regulated firearm in Md or Va but it seems as many Md dealers are selling them as regulated anyway, so that would mean an 8 day wait to get my gun. If I had it shipped to Va or Pa, I could just go pick the thing up as soon as it arrives there. Am I understanding this correctly? Is there anything illegal about this? By the way, thanks for your very detailed reply.

in md any AK/ MP5/AR or its look a like is deemed a regulated firearm
    less the colt H-bar

the saiga 12 is a AK shot gun

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    in md any AK/ MP5/AR or its look a like is deemed a regulated firearm
    less the colt H-bar

the saiga 12 is a AK shot gun

Yep, Saigas with AK receivers are regulated in MD, even the shotguns. Still, worth the hassle for the transfer... it's a hell of blast to shoot!

I've asked people to ship to MD w/o hi-cap mags before. Most private sellers off GunBroker have no problems doing it, it's only retailers that have given me any flack.

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    B][/B]
    Yep, Saigas with AK receivers are regulated in MD, even the shotguns. Still, worth the hassle for the transfer... it's a hell of blast to shoot!

I've asked people to ship to MD w/o hi-cap mags before. Most private sellers off GunBroker have no problems doing it, it's only retailers that have given me any flack.

MD law says clones of Kalishnakov rifle. The Saiga 12 is not a rifle.[/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom