• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Did not find reference to this. When do you get fingerprinting done before or after applying online for licence. I really did not know anything about how electronic printing is done, do they send samples to maryland licence division?
    Sorry If this has already been explained.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Livescan prints are good for 30 days?? Im going to apply for a Form 1 SBR later this month and wonder if they'll still be good on Oct 1 for the HQL.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Form 1 requires fingerprint cards. HQL will require Livescan. You could do a Livescan and also have them print the scan onto fingerprint cards. That's what I id for my Form 4. There is no time linit on the cards AFAIK. I had mine done back in June and I'm still waiting on MSP to send my Form 4 back to me.

So get your Livescann print the cards at the same time, and send in the cards when your Form 1 comes back.

Last edited:

Phillth

May 15, 2013
    Had to do a livescan a while back to obtain a locksmith license. It cost $75. Does anyone know a place that has a cheaper rate than this?

Phillth

May 15, 2013
    I went to Quick Fingerprints in Middle River. $75. Location is not an issue as i travel all over the state on a daily basis.

BAGGERZ13

Feb 14, 2013
    So fingerprinting will not be done at FFLs? You will have to go to a "third party" establishment to have fingerprints done for the HQL?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    So fingerprinting will not be done at FFLs? You will have to go to a "third party" establishment to have fingerprints done for the HQL?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

That depends on the FFL - A1uniforms for example is looking into cost of equipment and will probably offer fingerprinting services.

Some FFLs are looking into other ways of generating income after Oct. 1: training/finger printing/gunsmith/etc.

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    Livescan prints are good for 30 days?? Im going to apply for a Form 1 SBR later this month and wonder if they'll still be good on Oct 1 for the HQL.

I just left the live scan building in glen Burnie and asked if my live scan for my ccw permit would work 10/1 for hql the gentleman told me no and i would have to come back again.

The guy was extremely nice, quick and efficient. I had my photo and fingerprints done in 5-10 min from walking in

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    We went over this a couple weeks ago. From what I understand there's a code the Livescan folks need so the data goes to the right place and we have to wait for the MSP to supply the code.

As Mr H said, we have to wait for the COMAR and then wait for the MSP to interpret it. At this point the only folks who will be getting an HQL anytime soon will be the concealed carry guys and the LEO / military retiree's.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I just left the live scan building in glen Burnie and asked if my live scan for my ccw permit would work 10/1 for hql the gentleman told me no and i would have to come back again.

The guy was extremely nice, quick and efficient. I had my photo and fingerprints done in 5-10 min from walking in

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The real answer to this is YES & NO. After your carry permit is issued, the MSP will give you a HQL without being printed again or charging the $50 fee. The NO is only if you can't wait until you get that permit. I'd wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom