Holster options for an FNS-9? Need advise!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    So I have an FNS-9 and need to get a holster for it for my Carry class next month. Not planning on using this gun for my cc but I have not decided what cc gun to get yet and need a nice holster for the FN. It came with a Safariland Kydex that is a real bitch getting the gun out. I am guessing that maybe it just needs some break-in time. I have never used this gun with a holster. It has just been my nightstand gun. Does anyone here have the same gun and can recommend a nice holster for me. OW carry is preferred. But open to other options based off what a fellow user is doing and recommends. Looking for something that I can get in a week also. I need it for my class coming up.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    It came with a Safariland Kydex that is a real bitch getting the gun out. I am guessing that maybe it just needs some break-in time. I
    Kydex doesn't "break in". When you draw out of a kydex holster, it needs to be a snappy! draw up. Compare the motion to how you would snap the tablecloth under the dinner plate settings without disturbing them. Pulled slow, they all grab. Same thing with the retention on a kydex holster. They really aren't meant for a slow draw.
    I don't know what holster you are talking about, but it will have 1 or 2 screws at the bottom. That's to adjust tension. Typically the top one. You may just need to loosen that up a wee bit.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    Kydex doesn't "break in". When you draw out of a kydex holster, it needs to be a snappy! draw up. Compare the motion to how you would snap the tablecloth under the dinner plate settings without disturbing them. Pulled slow, they all grab. Same thing with the retention on a kydex holster. They really aren't meant for a slow draw.
    I don't know what holster you are talking about, but it will have 1 or 2 screws at the bottom. That's to adjust tension. Typically the top one. You may just need to loosen that up a wee bit.
    My holster had 1 screw and after a couple of turns the tension was much better. I think this will get me through the class/range time. Thanks for the advise. Saved me from buying a new holster. Now I can use that money towards my next gun which will be something for EDC.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    While I am here I might as well ask if anyone uses a full size for conceal carry. If so, where do they carry and have they had any issues?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    While I am here I might as well ask if anyone uses a full size for conceal carry. If so, where do they carry and have they had any issues?
    I have always carried my large pistol in a galco concealable model leather OWB holster in about the 2 O'clock position. That's about where most of my shirts draped with plenty space.

Are you coming this saturday? Have you seen the thread in the Water cooler?

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Your fns is about the same size as a Glock 19. Plenty of folks EDC something that size.

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    I have the same pistol and have a ISWB Vedder holster for it. I love it. Very comfortable. They also offer OWB

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I appreciate the suggestions but I am finding out there are so many different brands out there it is something I am just going to have to try out for myself and make a decision. If I don't like one just get another and keep trying until I find the right one. I have watched so many reviews on youtube I think there are probably many that are really nice.

Dodahdude

Ultimate Member
    Oct 3, 2009
    Andover, Kansas
    I'm looking for the same but in a shoulder holster. CZ75 P-07. Left-handed. Strapped in the vertical position. And..... one for my FNS9. Thanks.

paperwork351

no error code for stupid
    Mar 7, 2008
    Gaithersburg
    Bianchi X-15 medium. Fits Hi Power, 1911 and revolver. No mag carrier. Dirty Harry type. Forward draw, vertical return. Strong
    clamshell springs. Trigger safety like glock perhaps but the retaining strap covers most of the trigger guard.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom