• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    Never shot 300blk suppressed, but from what I've researched, it's one of the better rifle calibers to suppress and much better than .556. But I really do enjoy shooting my .556 suppressed sbr . I was really impressed with my former 1 can. I did my first for 1 sbr and suppressor earlier this year with efile. Kind of a pain in the ass, but it went through with no hiccups on my part

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    9mm is fun and cheap to shoot. Parts are limited compared to 5.56/300blk. I would build on a dedicated 9mm lower, then you don't need to deal with mag blocks.

I have never shot a 300blk SBR, but people seem to really like them. I would still go with 5.56 first and later get a 300blk upper for it. There are no changes needed to the lower for these two. It will also only require one form 1.

Plan ahead for suppressors. The real fun is shooting these rifles supressed. A .30 cal suppressor can work for 5.56 and 300blk , a 9mm can cover 9mm and subsonic 300blk

Best of luck to you.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    The 300blk is absolutely amazing when suppressed. It is super quiet using subsonics. Not only that, it is still hearing safe when shooting supersonic ammo suppressed. Great hunting gun as well. I highly recommend building one.

Here is a video of me shooting TyFromMD's 300blk with an AAC SDN6. Fast forward to 1:15 to hear it. (Notice that the sound of the gong at 200 yards is louder than the shot)

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I watched a guy shoot his factory built AAC 300BLK up at Bollingers a couple years ago. He only had subsonic ammo, but damn that thing was soooo quiet. I did not imagine that they were that quiet. I would go with the 300 first, as this is a great home defense weapon also, with a big. fat, heavy subsonic round. With the built in or added suppresor and low flash, heavy round that does not penetrate as much as a 5.56 but hits harder......:-)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    And why the FLOCK would you delete the original question???????????

I guess you got your answer, and screw anyone else who has the same question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom