• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    I’m about to list these two Colt Rifles on GunBroker and my question is, once a listing sells, does the firearm have to be transferred from FFL to FFL or can I ship from seller to FFL?

Another question; since I am the original owner and neither have been fired and come with all factory accessories and boxes, would you list them as “Factory New”, “New Old Stock or”, “Used”?

Last question; let’s say I want to get no less then $1400 for each would you set it up as an “Auction” or “Buy now”

Thanks in advance.
    6E0E2A2A-2538-4C78-AACE-62B571525145.jpeg
    90611A28-3573-4747-8C16-1917AC4C9306.jpeg
    6F2C17BD-3001-447F-B849-05FA573D029F.jpeg
    485557EE-45F2-4F30-B4E4-A30EC6101677.jpeg

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Not all FFL's will accept transfer from a private citizen. Check with the receiving FFL.

I would list them "Used" based on the options you gave. They've been owned, even if never fired.

Worsley

Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    Take a hard look around on Gun Broker. See what the competition is about.

Those are nice guns. I would list as new old stock.
    Thanks! Yes one is a 2013 Config M4A1 SOCOM with all the proper cage code marking (not the new ones that don’t come with markings on the upper).

And the other is a 2013 config Colt M4 HBPW with roll marked cage codes. I changed out the rear sight with an A2 carry handle and instead of the beefy hand guards I added the original Colt skinny handguards. Probably won’t include those at they are quite pricey. Thanks for the advice.

Worsley

Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    See my revisions.

But, I am thinking about AR's, I just don't know much about them. I only looked at yours for about 2 seconds b4 I posted my remark.
    No worries. I had them in the classifieds but no one seemed interested. So I closed the add(s) and trying GB instead.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    My disgust grows and grows.

I googled and get this.

Can I sell my ar15 in Maryland?

Last updated January 3, 2023 . Maryland now prohibits the possession, sale, offering of sale, transfer, purchase, receipt, or transportation into the state of an assault weapon, which includes assault pistols and assault long guns.Jan 3, 2023

I need clarification on this BS from Giffords...

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    From the link above, WTF..

Last updated January 3, 2023 .

Maryland now prohibits the possession, sale, offering of sale, transfer, purchase, receipt, or transportation into the state of an assault weapon, which includes assault pistols and assault long guns.1

There are various exceptions under the prohibitions, including returning an assault weapon to a customer in another state that was transferred to a licensed firearms dealer under the terms of a warrant or for repair, or for the possession of an inherited assault weapon as long as the person inheriting the assault weapon is not otherwise disqualified from possessing a regulated firearm.2 Additionally, a person who lawfully possessed an assault pistol before June 1, 1994 may continue to transport and possess the weapon if it was registered with the Maryland State Police before August 1, 1994.3

Assault weapons qualify as state-defined “regulated firearms,”4 and transfers of such guns, if allowed at all, are subject to enhanced background checks, firearms dealer regulations, private sales requirements and reporting of lost or stolen firearms regulations. In addition, purchasers:

LEGACY WEAPONS

A licensed firearms dealer may continue to possess, sell, offer for sale, or transfer an assault long gun or a copycat weapon that the licensed firearms dealer lawfully possessed on or before October 1, 2013.5

A person who lawfully possesses or has a purchase order for, or completed an application to purchase an assault long gun or a copycat weapon before October 1, 2013, may:

• Possess and transport the assault long gun or copycat weapon; or
    • While carrying a court order requiring the surrender of the assault long gun or copycat weapon, transport the weapon directly to a local law enforcement unit if the person has notified the unit that the person is transporting the assault long gun or copycat weapon in accordance with a court order and the weapon is unloaded.6

A person may transport an assault weapon to or from:

• An “ISO 17025 accredited, National Institute of Justice-approved ballistics testing laboratory;” or
    • A facility or entity that manufacturers or provides research and development testing, analysis, or engineering for personal protective equipment or vehicle protection systems.7

LEGACY WEAPONS

Sirex