Granogue estate sale finalized (To Longwood Gardens)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    "The 100-year old Granogue, built by by Irenee du Pont, Senior., is about half the size of Longwood Gardens, which was created by Pierre S. du Pont.

Longwood spokesperson Patricia Evans said they "are continuing to explore how the property will evolve, mindful that our first priority is the conservation of this important landscape in our region."

I hope it remains intact and they do something interesting with it.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    The named the place after this Star Wars character?

th-749926354.jpg

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    Last edited:

D&Ds

Aug 16, 2022
    Indian Head
    "The 100-year old Granogue, built by by Irenee du Pont, Senior., is about half the size of Longwood Gardens, which was created by Pierre S. du Pont.

Longwood spokesperson Patricia Evans said they "are continuing to explore how the property will evolve, mindful that our first priority is the conservation of this important landscape in our region."

Be a dandy place for some grave sites and a couple mausoleums for urns

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.

I really like visiting Longwood Gardens in the spring and summer, also their fountain and fireworks on 4th of July is awesome. If you like mushrooms like I do there is a bunch of mushroom production up the street on RT 1 as well. Great area for a day trip from here.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    I really like visiting Longwood Gardens in the spring and summer, also their fountain and fireworks on 4th of July is awesome. If you like mushrooms like I do there is a bunch of mushroom production up the street on RT 1 as well. Great area for a day trip from here.
    You bet.

I grew up in Hockessin, DE not far from Avondale, PA the Mushroom Capital of the World!

Mushroom soup, sausage stuffed mushroom, crab imperial stuffed mushroom, mushroom sauce...

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I have been to Granogue on a couple of occasions and it has several amazing features. For example it has an Aeolian organ built in to the structure of the house, not as large as the one at Longwood Gardens, but the one in Granogue has been converted to also work with MIDI as well as the original manual controls or Aeolian Pipe Organ player rolls (like player piano rolls). Another feature is an original Maxfield Parrish mural in the organ alcove.

Links
    Interview with Irenee duPont, Jr. about Granogue and the organ:

More information about Aeolian Pipe Organs:

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    The DuPonts families have contributed much to America. You can look at their family history. The Clinton, Obama, and Biden are like flies on horse dungs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom