Fishing the pre-spawn and during the spawn? Thoughts?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I have to disagree with many of you on most of this. I've been bass club fishing as well as other stuff occasionally since 1993. The fishing has just gotten better and better. Sure, there are those off years, sometimes a few in a row but overall, it's gotten better.
    It's because of catch and release and the quality of the live wells. Do some need to take better care of their catch, yes, but mostly we all do.
    The Susky, Sas & Bush still fish great as do the surrounding rivers. Have tnxs affected the bass, hell yes, lots have been transported to the NE over the years. That river is loaded with bass, and I like to bring them back to other rivers at times.
    Be careful of how much you trust a government agency; I would think gun guys know that Bigley. You can always go up to PA and wait until June 15th, to fish for bass period.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    The tourneys need to move to the same action like kayak ones do. CPR Catch, Picture and Release. Throw them on a measuring board, hold your tourney card in the picture and snap a picture. Then release the fish.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I have said it before

Let’s just make fishing, commercial AND recreational, oystering, commercial and recreational, and hunting illegal and punishable by death.

There, no more worries about reducing animal and fish stocks and everything will be fine and the evil watermen and recreational fishermen and hunters can all go find other livelihoods and hobbies.

See there, I fixed it all.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I don't really fish but I can tell you the Patuxent river in Davidsonville is once again packed in certain locations with people of whom I do not understand their language. They fish, swim, have fires, and cookouts, dump trash and wash clothes all in the same spot. Also, evidently have diplomatic immunity to the no parking signs. 'Merica

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    The tourneys need to move to the same action like kayak ones do. CPR Catch, Picture and Release. Throw them on a measuring board, hold your tourney card in the picture and snap a picture. Then release the fish.
    Why? Show me proof that the bass population and size are declining! You can't because even DNR can't do that on any consistent basis. You wanna help, then donate to the black bass stocking program that MR Bass manages. I can provide you the contact information if you want to donate. The bass MR Bass have been buying the last several years are 1.5 to 2 pound bass and this last spring cost $22.00 per fish. They purchased and released around 600 bass last Oct into the areas of the Gunpowder, Middle River and Bush rivers. Those area's were hurt years ago from an algae that killed thousands of fish and the salt content in MR makes it hard for spawning as well. Last year was an incredible year in the Gunpowder River area for bass fishing. I have been fishing this area since 1993 and have not seen it so good since the mid to late 90s.

Or, you can donate to black bass efforts right through the DNR Compass portal. Go in and go to "purchase merchandise" to donate. The Maryland Bass Nation was behind this effort and got it introduced and passed into law to have that donation box.

Do many guys need to take even more care of their catch? Yes, and organization like B.A.S.S. and MD BASS Nation promote efforts to that constantly. We even got Mike Ike to do a short video on how to help keep your catch alive in the hot, hot months.
    It's on the DNR website when you are searching for tournament information.

If it was as bad as some of you make it out to be, then the Upper Bay would be void of LMB. The Kayak guys do what they do because they don't have Livewells.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom