MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    OK...I stopped over at YouTube and gave you a damn 'Like'. Hope you're happy.

Thank you for posting the video!

I bought a brick of "Quiet-22" at the gun show yesterday...hope they aren't 3 moa through my rifle. If they are, I won't want to use them.

The group in post #27 shows a lot of vertical, which positively kills long(er) range potential. Anybody chronograph these yet?
    LMAO:lol2::beer: Thanks! They’re accurate out of a rifle, but do track down a bit. As far as a pistol goes, I’m not sure yet.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham

I bought a brick of "Quiet-22" at the gun show yesterday...hope they aren't 3 moa through my rifle. If they are, I won't want to use them.

The group in post #27 shows a lot of vertical, which positively kills long(er) range potential. Anybody chronograph these yet?
    My chrono read, they suck.... JK... I didn't chrono them, but you could visually see them drop significantly at 40 or so yards.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Hilarious :rofl:

That’s pretty good. I paid $8.09 a box, with free shipping. So, it probably works out in the end.
    these guys have it for 6.11, but they have been out for a few weeks.
    I got 20 boxes from them last year, shipping was $19 for 20 boxes.
    Problem is,,, I can not find where I stashed that haul !!!!:confused:

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019

With the standard CCI quiets,, I was getting a lot of inconsistency of powder charge,,
    Left to right was fine,, but about every 3rd or 4th was a week load that hit an inch or more lower,, and every 6-8 rounds had a louder report that hit higher.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    My chrono read, they suck.... JK... I didn't chrono them, but you could visually see them drop significantly at 40 or so yards.
    Yeah, I think your chrono is probably right. A lot of drop isn't a problem, we can account for that, but the velocity inconsistency is what ruins precision.
    With the standard CCI quiets,, I was getting a lot of inconsistency of powder charge,,
    Left to right was fine,, but about every 3rd or 4th was a week load that hit an inch or more lower,, and every 6-8 rounds had a louder report that hit higher.
    Thank you. That figures and your comments reinforce the vertical dispersion.

I had a student out and we were shooting at about 200 yards and I knew where to look for the impact based on the report. He was shooting Wolf match ammo that shot great at 50 yards but the velocity deviations made it useless for true precision if you went much further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom