DC CCW course adder (for md ccw holders))

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gboroosan

Jul 27, 2022
    Maryland
    Hey all,

I am a MD CCW holder and I am applying for my DC CCW this week. I have read all over the place that once you have the 16 hour training required for the MD CCW, all you need is a 4 hour course adder which goes over the DC gun and carry laws and to do the 2 hour range qualification. I am having trouble finding any instructors who provide the 4 hour training. Does anyone know of someone/somewhere that does this?

Thanks in advance!

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I was given to understand that the MD course was not suitable for the DC permit unless it was taught by a DC certified instructor.

I learned this after I took the DC law course. Annoying but typical.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I heard here DC changed that so you’ll have to take the complete 16hr DC course. Sucks cause I want it too.

Gboroosan

Jul 27, 2022
    Maryland
    **UPDATE**

I found an amazing instructor who was able to do this course quickly and efficiently and get me all the info and guidance I needed to get the permit.
    Thanks all for the help

JoeFL

Jan 17, 2024
    SE US
    **UPDATE**

I found an amazing instructor who was able to do this course quickly and efficiently and get me all the info and guidance I needed to get the permit.
    Thanks all for the help
    Can you post a link or contact info? DC is next on my list after MD is complete.

spare

Jul 12, 2023
    La Plata
    Where can you cc in DC.
    With the regulations mandating no carry zones 1000 ft from schools and federal buildings what are the pros of the hassle

Gboroosan

Jul 27, 2022
    Maryland
    Where can you cc in DC.
    With the regulations mandating no carry zones 1000 ft from schools and federal buildings what are the pros of the hassle
    I don’t live in dc I just work there so for me, I know where I’ll be on a day to day basis. If I’m going somewhere it’s prohibited then I won’t bring it.

The pros of carrying in dc are the same pros as carrying everywhere else. The con as you mentioned is you need to be aware of where you are-but in general you should be anyways imo.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Where can you cc in DC.
    (c) The provisions of this section shall not apply to a person legally licensed to carry a firearm in the District of Columbia who lives or works within 1000 feet of a gun free zone or to members of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps of the United States; the National Guard or Organized Reserves when on duty; the Post Office Department or its employees when on duty; marshals, sheriffs, prison, or jail wardens, or their deputies; policemen or other duly-appointed law enforcement officers; officers or employees of the United States duly authorized to carry such weapons; banking institutions; public carriers who are engaged in the business of transporting mail, money, securities, or other valuables; and licensed wholesale or retail dealers.

No more than 10 rounds. The term “large capacity ammunition feeding device” means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition. The term “large capacity ammunition feeding device” shall not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.

Firearms are prohibited in public parks in the District of Columbia.

You cannot concealed carry on any premises where alcohol is served, or sold and consumed on the premises, although there are exceptions for on-premises retailers with specific classes of licenses.
    [D.C. Code Ann. § 7-2509.07(a)(7)]

----------

FOR FURTHER DETAILS- TAKE THE 16 HOUR DC CLASS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom