• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Here is a video of a huge weapons storage facility in a salt mine captured by the Russians. Even after the Ukrainians removed most of the better weapons, many thousands of crates remain in galleries stretching for miles.

At about 4:50 the video shows a crate of WWII Lend Lease Thompson M1 submachine guns being opened. They appear to be absolutely pristine.

Not sure when these will be available on the U.S. C&R market. The last Ukrainian Mosin I bought cost me $79. These Thompsons are in better shape, so no doubt they'll cost a little more than that.

Later, the video shows crates of minty M1928 Thompsons.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Maybe there'll be a special package: one M1 Thompson, one M1928, and one IH Garand, for say, $600. I wonder if that will include accoutrements?

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Even if we had a Constitution friendly Administration bringing back would be a no-go under 1986 law. If the NFA of 1934 or the GCA of 1968 and 1986 were overturned then they could be returned if the Russians wanted to…for hard cash.

It’s more likely they’ll be smuggled to criminal or terrorist groups before any legit American citizen could obtain one.

It also wouldn’t be surprising if the Russians use them for propaganda purposes…that they’re newly supplied to the Ukrainians by the US. Watch for Russia to start looking for .45 ACP on the black market. The Wagner Group might like them.

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    About 20 years ago there were a lot of very similar parts kits that showed up in the market.

I was told they came from FSU, and were provided with the tanks the US gave the Soviets. The Soviets decided not to use the firearms and kept the guns in storage since receiving them. They were basically brand new when they were cut into parts kits.

There were also web gear that was imported along with these parts kits. I did get a nice web belt.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Maybe there'll be a special package: one M1 Thompson, one M1928, and one IH Garand, for say, $600. I wonder if that will include accoutrements?
    I’d even pay $700.
    It is nice to think about.

Is there any interest in MDS putting together a team to infiltrate and bring them back? :lol:
    I thought you were suggesting a group buy, but then I read further. I can drive you guys to the airport and maybe back.
    instead of Expendables we would be called Dependsables lolol
    Nice!

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    About 20 years ago there were a lot of very similar parts kits that showed up in the market.

I was told they came from FSU, and were provided with the tanks the US gave the Soviets. The Soviets decided not to use the firearms and kept the guns in storage since receiving them. They were basically brand new when they were cut into parts kits.

There were also web gear that was imported along with these parts kits. I did get a nice web belt.

The Soviet union stockpiled and stashed away small arms across Europe for a war that never happen'ed. Even after WW2 and 54R became a secondary caliber for them they still cranked out how many millions of spam cans full of ammo for the Mosin rifle well into the late 70's at least. Other than a man power shortage, to see Russia throwing an endless supply of munitions at Ukraine is telling to show just how much inventory is still in russia alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom