• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    The Town has posted the posted the job opening on its website. According to the posting, the Town is offering $92,000 per year to the next chief. Job requirements include 10 years’ experience in law enforcement, including supervisory experience and expertise in “planning and implementing effective traffic-calming control measures for both highways and residential streets,” in addition to grant-writing experience and “exceptional interpersonal skills.”

The deadline for applications is June 5.

The department vet that helped them out a jam no longer wanted.

His loss may be your gain.

Last edited:

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    92k isn't a lot for a job that has those kinds of responsibilities and gets overflow from Ocean City. Add in the fact that you're likely the head of public safety for something like a hurricane and it's a job where you dream of the winter slow season.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    92k isn't a lot for a job that has those kinds of responsibilities and gets overflow from Ocean City. Add in the fact that you're likely the head of public safety for something like a hurricane and it's a job where you dream of the winter slow season.

An agency with 6 officers. That's a field supervisor position.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    An agency with 6 officers. That's a field supervisor position.
    I keep looking at that wondering if they have six year round or do they hire extra help for the summer? If six is all you have that sounds like a nightmare for stuff like July 4. The fact that they specifically talk about traffic control tells me that people are using the town for a drag strip. Hopefully Delaware State Police help out.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Maybe just want someone younger and more "sophisticated" while the former Chief goes back to the beat.

The omerta from the town yokels is telling. They really really wanted to fire him for cause but the town attorney told them out of doing that and to go with a nonrenewal instead.

Maybe he didn't calm enough traffic (and with 'calming traffic' we mean 'write enough tickets to out of towners'). I have lived in small towns. In one the 'chief' of the town department got fired because he refused to toss out public drinking tickets written to townies. The council expected him to write tickets to tourists only. Another town the chief got fired when he uncovered that the mayor used the diesel tank for the towns maintenance yard to fill up the trucks for his landscaping business....

Small town councils doing small town things.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Maybe just want someone younger and more "sophisticated" while the former Chief goes back to the beat.

I could live in Selbyville, DE on that.
    New blood like Dewey Beach got? Woof..woof..
    IMG_9763.jpeg

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    This was my first thought. Even IF I met the requirements, salary would be a No Go for me.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Fenwick is like a bad HOA. You have a handful of residents that make everyone else miserable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom