• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Have them ship the mag to a friend’s house in VA or PA, if you don’t have a friend in one of those states it is time to make some new friends, and then just have the gun transferred to the MD FFL. HBAR ARs are still legal in the state and there is no ban on firearms that can accept certain magazines, just the magazines. Find a new online dealer (gunbroker.com) and purchase from them cause Bud’s sucks.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Try www.gunsamerica.com I bought a gun from a fella out in Oklahoma. He has a gun shop called Coyote Arms, his name was Bobby Skaggs. Great guy to talk to and deal with, made every step easy and was flexible. That is if you are really strapped for cash and really want a deal, or if you just can't find what you want local. I am all about supporting good, honest, local gun shops even if it means paying a little bit more.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Welcome-to-Maryland-750x537.jpg

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    No such problem here. Get yourself a new FFL stat. Mine has no problem ordering whatever I want that's legal, regardless of magazines. They just keep the magazines. If we're talking valuable handgun magazines, a good FFL should be able to ship them someplace out of state where you can go pick them up.

mikey6480

Aug 6, 2011
    You can have ANYTHING shipped to a Maryland FFL, regardless of magazine capacity.

Once it gets here, the Maryland FFL cannot transfer anything with a 10+ capacity to you, so you only get the gun.

There are any number of ways to have your mags legally shipped to addresses outside of Maryland.

THIS!!!!! There are a number of local shops that are aware of what the laws actually are and are willing to work with customers. If the shop you go to won't work with you then stop going there. Most of the LGS have gunbroker accounts, i'm sure they will be more than happy to make money off your standard capacity magazine selling it there (don't expect them to pass that on to you though). Then make a weekend trip to Green Top in Ashland, VA and buy all the magazines you need.

UNcommon Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 16, 2011
    Howard County
    I {and any MD FFL} can receive ANY firearm of any capacity, caliber etc... We can only sell MOM compliant arms to MD residents - which is done by swapping in 10rd mags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom