• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I was just thinking, if SCOTUS knocks down the DC handgun ban, then how will DC residents be able to get handguns?
    Now we know that Josh Sugarmann isn't going to start selling handguns to DC residents and if there any other FFLs there left they are probably too few and far between for most resident's convenience, so I was thinking...what about if the residents get C&R FFLs?
    I assume they can get a C&R FFL now because some rifles and shotguns are allowed there, so purchase of firearms is legal (with registration) and therefore a C&R licensee could "conduct their 'business' legally" in the jurisdiction they are located.

If the ban ends and the handgun law is truck down, then so would all the handgun registration and the restrictions on purchasing and ownership I would assume. So if a state resident has a C&R FFL they could conceivably buy a C&R handgun and take it home immediately after the SC strikes the law down and before the city has a chance to pass a new law.

Here is another thing I wonder. I know 01 FFLs can have more than one license and more than one location they conduct business, so I assume a C&R FFL can have a license for an out of state address and maybe even have two?
    I wonder if I can get a second C&R FFL with a DC address?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom