• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UNcommon Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 16, 2011
    Howard County
    First post from a lurker, here.

About the topic, let me just start by saying: I know... Don't move to Maryland. I've read it a million times, and as much as I may like to abide, my career has taken me here with no foreseeable way to transfer until I gain more seniority within my company.

Now, onto the question. I was born and raised in a gun-friendly state, and have collected several long guns throughout my life. I know that none of those are on the ban list, so I'm more concerned about my handgun. I have two 14 round magazines that came with my CZ 75 compact that I planned on bringing with me. The problem is this: I have read through

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=134257 and
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=136916

that both came up through my search but unfortunately I found nothing in regards to my magazines. Because I owned this gun and its mags prior to Maryland's freefall into the abyss, I believe I should be able to bring them in so long as I register the handgun. On the flip side, the law states that no mags can be transferred into the state. Is anyone able to clarify this? Would transferring only refer to transfer of ownership or just moving them in to the state all together? My concern is only raised by the fact that cali mags are harder (and somehow more expensive) to come by with certain states partially neutering the constitutional right of their citizens.

In a related question, if I were to purchase a new gun (such a gun that may come with higher cap mags standard) would I be able to have it shipped to an FFL in my home state, pick up the mags from that shipment, and then ship the GUN ITSELF to an FFL here in MD so that my ownership of the mags was obtained out of state and prior to then gun arriving in Maryland?:innocent0

Any light shed on these two matters would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Best,
    Beard
    Contact a Real Estate Broker who's also an FFL {ME} for all your Homes and Home Defense needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom