• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Hello all,

I am looking for a bipod for my bolt gun. I have an arca rail on the bottom that I want to use natively if I can. I am having issues finding a bipod that can connect directly to the arca rail without going to into the $250+ range. I am looking at the Harris bipods in the ~$120 range. Once I buy an adapter, it can add as much as $100 to the cost which pushes me into the same range. Are there any reasonable quality bipods that can connect to the arca rail without going through an adapter?

Thanks a bunch.

KRC

Sep 30, 2018
    Cecil County MD
    Once again into the bipod fray . . .
    (And again, only done to identify low cost alternatives to those who may be interested.)
    Low cost bipods (yes - many are likely from China) are available on eBay and from other vendors, and can be dramatically improved with minor modification (refer to several posts I've made on this subject). Low cost arca clamps are also available online (~$10 each). If you are at all handy, bipods that have Picatinny clamps can easily be converted, at low cost, to the arca system with these low cost clamps. FYI - the bipods in the image below are rock solid with no free play.

4OW5S96.jpg

These bipods were all Picatinny two weeks ago.

ptreaEW.jpg

This "Atlas" (not really - it cost $26) bipod conversion required a little bit of milling.

BTW - I just purchased 300mm arca rails for $13 each, delivered.
    (Yes - they are Chinese too!)

Or you could shell out $$$ . . .

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I'm not one to go cheap, so if it were me I'd buy the Atlas with the Area 419 adapter. Both can be purchased on the Area 419 page. Thats just me though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom