• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    all mentioned so far are solid bets. I have them all. If you can get one on sale the Primary Arms Six 1x Microprism would be a good choice also. But still probably a little bit over $200.
    I actually hate that sight. If the OP is complaining about his vision being a challenge, he'd probably have difficulties with this optic.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    Vortex Spitfire. Prism. Sits on my 300BLK home defense rifle.

Two etched black circles are always visible. Great for folks with oldish eyes. Makes for very fast target acquisition.

Red/Green. Six brightness settings for each. E/W caps with built-in screw drivers.

150 on sale at Midway USA. So good I bought two.

I second this and would like to add that it's comforting knowing that if your batteries are dead, your etched reticle still works just fine. The only thing that sucks is eye relief but once you set your gun and up and run it, you'll get that sorted.

53138959712_9cd8cd2df6_c_d.jpg

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    When I worked part time at Home Depot during Covid this goober walked by me telling the other one he was with “huhuhu lemme show you how to get money off .” I was curious what “this one simple trick angers Home Depot employees” gimmick he was going to pull….

So… After he left I asked the cashier what he used, CAC ID and I looked at the screen and saw the dude got like 47 cents off something that was just a few dollars.

daad45

Feb 27, 2024
    Pasadena

Two etched black circles are always visible. Great for folks with oldish eyes. Makes for very fast target acquisition.

Red/Green. Six brightness settings for each. E/W caps with built-in screw drivers.

I like that!

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So my first place to check to buy optics is Palmetto State Armory Daily deals.
    SIG Romeo5 for $120.

However - my absolute favorite for the AR is an EOTech 512 for $370 with discount code "512". Worth it IMHO. I have two 512's from PSA. I have two other EOTech models as well.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Those are nice, I have one. A bit heavy but a great value and no star pattern like you can get with a red dot.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Sig Romeo 5, unless you have an astigmatism. Still a great red dot, with shake awake, but, the dot is more of a star to me. Now, my Aimpoint is still very crisp. I don’t know why, but it is

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Yes...still a bit over $200. I just placed an order for the Primary Arms SLx 1X MicroPrism Scope - Green Illuminated ACSS Cyclops Reticle - Gen II for $212. It's on backorder from Primary Arms, however, with an estimated ship date of June if you're willing to wait. Not only do I have old eyes, but I'm also afflicted with astigmatism. Unfortunately, I have the starburst effect with all my red dots including my Sig Sauer Romeo 5. So fingers crossed that a prism scope will work out.
    I had astigmatism in both eyes really bad where my vision was good for close up only. The Wilmar eye center at John Hopkins took care of both eyes for me where they ended up putting a lens in both eyes. It took 2 surgeries total with a month wait in between. They do have a program to help pay for those who can not afford to get lenses put in as well. It is all done as an out PT as well. Thought I would mention it to you and good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom