• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDH

Apr 30, 2005
    Harford County
    Is there one 40 cal ammo thats more accurate than another? I currently shoot Remington usp just because its cheap. I was leaning towards Gold dot 180g or Winchester Rangers.Any ideas.

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    if you got the money for gold dots, by all means shoot it. as a poor college student, i am constantly looking for a deal while also trying to get accurate reliable ammo. luckily, no matter what ammo i use, my CZ P-01 will eat it. i've fired 900 rounds without a hitch, and i've used some HORRIBLE dirty/cheap ammo (like winchester white box $11/100rds). i've yet to find a favorite ammo, but i'm looking to try some Sellier&Bellot (hint hint, PistolPete) to see how that groups.

a couple weeks ago i purchased 150 rounds of American Eagle 115gr FMJs and they grouped pretty well, very clean bullets. after shooting all 150 rounds in one sitting, my gun was still lubed and appeared clean enough to keep shooting. same goes for Magtech FMJs. shot 200 rounds this past sunday without a problem, gun was "clean" after shooting.

the only bullets i've ever been disappointed with were the WWBs i got at walmart. i could shoot just one box of the stuff and my gun was filthy, shots went everywhere, and i was pissed :mad:

JDH

Apr 30, 2005
    Harford County
    Ammo

I shoot the Remingtons(USP) I forget what they're called. I buy them from Bass pro, Gander mtn. and Cabelas. If I recall,there 50.00 a box for 250 rds
    Im not sure if its me or what sometimes I shoot well and sometimes the rounds are all over the place left right top and bottom ??? I think its cheap ammo.

A17195

Jun 12, 2005
    Ammo

Why don't you make your own?? I have had very good luck with the Winchester White box 9mm. A lot of people I shoot with use this in 9mm. I don't fire a lot of 9mm but you should be able to reload for about 55-60 per thousand. Have fun. The CZ's will take a lot of dirt before they shut down.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I bought some .40 cal from Georgia Arms at the last show at Dulles. I can't remember the specifics on it, but it was incredibly accurate out of my CZ40B. It was a little bit hotter than the WWB.

I think it was $8.50 per 50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom