ATF Interpretive Change (YET AGAIN) Restricts Handgun (long barrel, stockless, "military") Imports and May Require NFA Registration

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Ahh, I see, Thank You.

OP, would you consider re-wording the title of the thread, slightly?

Maybe, “ATF seeks to change interpretation of “handgun,” yet again”

or something similar?

(anything but using “rifles” - doing so is sort of using ATF’s own depletion …)

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Getting the Grabbers off our backs needs to be done at the ballot box. Not through our bank accounts.

Ignorant and lazy gun owners need to get off their A**ES and vote for politicians who'll protect our rights.

This being Maryland, MANY gun owners are siding with the very people who abuse us at every turn.

Giving money to keep the Grabbers off our backs is akin to paying a bully to leave our lunches alone.
    I keep voting but it doesn't seem to do any good, at least not in MD.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    So just because the examiner skips and I can fire an M60 one handed without a brace now means its a "rifle"? BS.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Anyone take this as a sign that the Chevron doctrine is toast ?
    That was my take too.

Of course, the decision hasn't come down yet, but if they post this up, they can spend years screwing around in the court system until the case gets to SCOTUS.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Ahh, I see, Thank You.

OP, would you consider re-wording the title of the thread, slightly?

Maybe, “ATF seeks to change interpretation of “handgun,” yet again”

or something similar?

(anything but using “rifles” - doing so is sort of using ATF’s own depletion …)
    Good point, updated title.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    They're going to publish a bunch of crazy stuff between now and the release of the Rahimi, Loper Bright/ Relentless, and Cargill opinions. Hold onto your shorts, this is only the beginning.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    They're going to publish a bunch of crazy stuff between now and the release of the Rahimi, Loper Bright/ Relentless, and Cargill opinions. Hold onto your shorts, this is only the beginning.
    I don't think it has as much to do with those cases as it does with the Administration worrying it will lose control of the Executive Branch after 1/20/25. If the rules get promulgated now, the current Solicitor General then gets to argue the GOV's case at District level. Those arguments and evidence then follow the cases up the appellate chain.

Loper, et al, will cause many of the new regs to fail in court at the end, but that's going to be after a long string of hearings and delays.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    This is from Oct 2020, do your homework before posting.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I don't think it has as much to do with those cases as it does with the Administration worrying it will lose control of the Executive Branch after 1/20/25. If the rules get promulgated now, the current Solicitor General then gets to argue the GOV's case at District level. Those arguments and evidence then follow the cases up the appellate chain.

Loper, et al, will cause many of the new regs to fail in court at the end, but that's going to be after a long string of hearings and delays.
    Trump was in control when the BATFE drafted the bump stock ban that got us here.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Rhetorical questions, do these clowns ever do anything regarding alcohol or tobacco? Any regs or restrictions or redefinition of any of those things? Hassling, suing,, or jailing of the manufacturers, retailers, or consumers?

Or should we just rename them BF? Seems like they get all their jollies with the F of ATF. Can't wait until they're defunded and dissolved.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Rhetorical questions, do these clowns ever do anything regarding alcohol or tobacco? Any regs or restrictions or redefinition of any of those things? Hassling, suing,, or jailing of the manufacturers, retailers, or consumers?
    Yes. The enforce TAX collection, smuggling, and 'purity' laws.

They still hunt down moonshine operators and so on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom