• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm stumped, what do alternative lifestyles have to do with 2A outreach to areas of non-shooters ?

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    Whatever happened to the talk of starting a pro 2A PAC in MD? an organization to at least ADVERTIZE against these guys. At its basic we are talking a PR war here.

A while back I was told that MSI wasn't a lobbying organization or whatever so they couldn't engage in politics. Where is IS that organization that can get paid ads in the Balt Sun that Frosh is pushing domestic violence legislation but wont allow a woman to carry. Ads that talk about Jessicas Law? Hell, help us organize against Sen Young up here?

Where do we find the priests, pastors and rabbi's to come and testify that Gun control does nothing for their innner city crime.

Where do we find the woman who was disfigured in an D.V. attack AFTER she was denied a permit?

This is the way we fight like the other side because thats what they do. You need someone to coordinate across the state. Find the chick whos mother is dead because the police wouldnt protect her and she tried to get a permit. MAKE it emotional.

We need the young blonde girl from last year to come back and tell everyone how she lost her scholarships to college because of FSA2103. That video of her went national.

There needs to be a billboard in the inner harbor that says 235 people died in Baltimore last year because Brian Frosh doesn't care if the police can help you and you can't defend yourself. And another about his affinity for rapists.

Tactics like these get through to the low information voter. If someone actually gets to the voting booth all they need to know is Brian Frosh is the bro that thinks child rapists are good to go. They'll pull the other lever even if they don tknow who it is.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    realism.jpg

Last year when all of this came about, I went to Annapolis like everyone else to make my voice heard. I was at the rallies, came in the morning as the dullards shuffled in to vote, and waited outside with everyone to shout "shall not be infringed."

You know what I learned about Maryland government?

THEY DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK. Unapologetically don't care. Without shame or remorse. Sure, they fain interest and will occasionally nod, giving you the false impression that they are actually listening, but in the end, it was almost comical (in a Kafkaesque sort of way) how much they truly don't care.

I think that's what I found most disturbing and why I decided, in the end, to move. Maryland politicians are so far removed from the time they actually gave a sh!t about what their constituency wanted, it's borderline disturbing. They get 100% of their marching orders from the left and obey them with chilling faithfulness, no matter the facts, statistics, or desires of their electorate. I actually found that more disturbing the the gun law.

Happy you got bent over a desk instead of a dumpster? You need to pick a new definition of "victory". There were no victories last fall.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I agree with being polite while giving testimony. In that forum it makes sense. Outside of that, what is the point of even being polite?

Point of being polite is that there are a few who might be persuade-able on the anti side and probably many who could be persuade-able who are not on either side. Being nasty can be a turnoff. That doesn't mean you can make your points in a firm reasoned manner and refuse to back down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom