Any Feedback on the Colt EPR 6921 14.5" Upper?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    pix985123234.jpg

LE6921EPR-CK

I've been looking for a 14.5" (ish) upper for a Colt lower I have sitting around. This popped up and looked interesting, but the interweb is thin on reviews. On the one hand, it's Colt, so I assume it's GTG, but I know Colt has switched hands recently, and I'm unsure what the implications are for the quality of their current production items.

I would likely P&W a Rugged suppressor mount to this for compliance, although I need to double-check the length on those first.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    CZ purchasing Colt is a positive thing. For the last several years Colt has had a first class management team of gun people...not the bean counters of old.

I wouldn't worry about that upper.

MattFinals718

Nov 23, 2022
    Arlington, VA
    pix985123234.jpg

LE6921EPR-CK

I've been looking for a 14.5" (ish) upper for a Colt lower I have sitting around. This popped up and looked interesting, but the interweb is thin on reviews. On the one hand, it's Colt, so I assume it's GTG, but I know Colt has switched hands recently, and I'm unsure what the implications are for the quality of their current production items.

I would likely P&W a Rugged suppressor mount to this for compliance, although I need to double-check the length on those first.

Are you planning to put that on a post-2013 lower? If so, it doesn't seem to have an M4A1 SOCOM-profile barrel, so it would not be MD-compliant (needs to be a heavy barrel contour of some kind).

Otherwise: I have a Colt Block I clone (all Colt parts) and mine is fantastic quality. I actually have an older lower with an LE-prefix serial number, but the upper is a newer one that I bought from Brownell's in 2021. I actually find the finish and machining on my upper to be better than my lower.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Are you planning to put that on a post-2013 lower? If so, it doesn't seem to have an M4A1 SOCOM-profile barrel, so it would not be MD-compliant (needs to be a heavy barrel contour of some kind).

Otherwise: I have a Colt Block I clone (all Colt parts) and mine is fantastic quality. I actually have an older lower with an LE-prefix serial number, but the upper is a newer one that I bought from Brownell's in 2021. I actually find the finish and machining on my upper to be better than my lower.
    I'm in VA, but it is a pre-2013 lower anyway. I think it was originally a 6720 (is that the pencil barrel variant?). I still have the original upper on it, just hate the rail and want to mix it up.

MattFinals718

Nov 23, 2022
    Arlington, VA
    I'm in VA, but it is a pre-2013 lower anyway. I think it was originally a 6720 (is that the pencil barrel variant?). I still have the original upper on it, just hate the rail and want to mix it up.

Ah, got it. I wish I still lived there... :(

Either way, I do think Colt's newer uppers are quality, regardless of whether the parts are made by Colt or not.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Debated on starting a new thread but OP was asking about a 14.5 upper. I have the 16 inch EPR version on a pre 2013 6920 lower and it seems good to go but haven’t had much trigger time. Haven’t been able to get to the range much lately. Never had any issue with anything Colt AR related.

Any thoughts or experience with the Geissele Super Duty 14.5 inch upper? Similarly priced to the colt, at least I’ve seen them on sale. It does come pin and welded though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom