• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Exactly, I want the media seeing more minorities, liberals, women, or whatnot having gun clubs. I'm tired of the stereotype that gun owners are old white religious heterosexual racist southern republican men.

FTFY.

The most direct way you can fix that is by helping to promote a gamut of viewpoints and acceptance of new posters on the boards, and in your dealings with future firearms owners and non-owners.

I am a not a fit into that stereotype; there have been quite a few times where I felt so unwelcome I was ready to just delete my account and wash my hands. Ad hominem is pretty rampant here.

I'd say nearly all minorities benefit greatly from increased gun ownership. To pick one off the top of my head - gays. If one is in physical danger from someone 'offended by their lifestyle' enough to attack...now they are armed and can defend themselves.

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    FTFY.

The most direct way you can fix that is by helping to promote a gamut of viewpoints and acceptance of new posters on the boards, and in your dealings with future firearms owners and non-owners.

I am a not a fit into that stereotype; there have been quite a few times where I felt so unwelcome I was ready to just delete my account and wash my hands. Ad hominem is pretty rampant here.

I'd say nearly all minorities benefit greatly from increased gun ownership. To pick one off the top of my head - gays. If one is in physical danger from someone 'offended by their lifestyle' enough to attack...now they are armed and can defend themselves.

Yeah, I've been there too. I imagine we lose quite a few people curious about guns and gun ownership who visit forums/ranges and express an unpopular opinion on something completely unrelated to guns who probably then decide they just don't want to associate with such a hostile crowd.

toncapone1

Feb 12, 2013
    Maryland
    The more people who become comfortable, safe and responsible with firearms the better. More friends to join our cause in preserving these freedoms. We have to start somewhere, and this seems like a great idea. Just more Americans who will be standing together and help protect our rights with their votes someday. Very cool.

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    The more people who become comfortable, safe and responsible with firearms the better. More friends to join our cause in preserving these freedoms. We have to start somewhere, and this seems like a great idea. Just more Americans who will be standing together and help protect our rights with their votes someday. Very cool.

Yes. This is great and I'm happy to see more of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom