• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    What is up with rifle manufacturers? Most make the legend in 1:16. It seems like a good fit to be suppressed, I’m not buying a 1:16 rifle and shooting 190-200gr long bullets out of it. The case is so small even with the lighter bullets it would be hard to over spin a bullet. I thought under twisting went out with the 6mm-244 mess. Except for the Remington 700 22-250.

Why under spin a barrel like the legend? It’s never going to scream even with the lightest bullets available.

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    I don't know off hand what the twist is on the Ruger AR, Ruger American or Franchi bolt action but they shoot around an inch or better @100 with 150, 170, and 165 grain bullets. Different guns shoot different brands better than some others.
    I would guess that a faster twist for a heavier bullet might be good to use with a suppressor.(?)

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    I don't know off hand what the twist is on the Ruger AR, Ruger American or Franchi bolt action but they shoot around an inch or better @100 with 150, 170, and 165 grain bullets. Different guns shoot different brands better than some others.
    I would guess that a faster twist for a heavier bullet might be good to use with a suppressor.(?)
    Yes. I’m looking to suppress. Hornady subx starts at 190. The framchi and ruger are 1:16. I am baffled. No pun intended. Even the 150 is not speedy. It could easily be 1:8 or 10. Don’t know what the rotational fps would be at 1:8 but not what a typical 1:7 ar is even with the dia difference I would guess. But more than 1:16.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom