2024 - SB324 - Handgun Permits - Accidental Discharge and Training Requirements - Maryland State Police Gun Center (Firearm Safety Act of 2024)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Handgun Permits - Accidental Discharge and Training Requirements - Maryland State Police Gun Center (Firearm Safety Act of 2024)

Requiring a person who holds a handgun permit and accidentally discharges a firearm to register within 90 days for a certain firearms safety training course and complete the course within 6 months of the incident; requiring the Secretary of State Police to revoke a handgun permit of a certain person who fails to successfully complete a certain firearms safety training course; requiring the Secretary to provide certain written notice to a person whose handgun permit is revoked; etc.

Link to Bill: https://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2024RS/bills/sb/sb0324F.pdf

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Known as "Barney's Bill"
    As an amendment, the person shall be required to carry his bullet in his pocket until he completes the course.

fredthe

MDS Supporter
    Oct 18, 2023
    Bowie, MD
    Shouldn't that be Neglect rather than Accidental?

Really officer, I intended to shoot a hole in my wall.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    As usual, the MGA is once again leading the charge with meaningful legislation to combat violent crime in our fine state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mi.Lee

Jan 18, 2024
    Dundalk
    Handgun Permits - Accidental Discharge and Training Requirements - Maryland State Police Gun Center (Firearm Safety Act of 2024)

Requiring a person who holds a handgun permit and accidentally discharges a firearm to register within 90 days for a certain firearms safety training course and complete the course within 6 months of the incident; requiring the Secretary of State Police to revoke a handgun permit of a certain person who fails to successfully complete a certain firearms safety training course; requiring the Secretary to provide certain written notice to a person whose handgun permit is revoked; etc.

Link to Bill: https://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2024RS/bills/sb/sb0324F.pdf
    I think that this should pertain to everyone or no one. Honestly, the police are "trained professionals" and should be held to a higher standard than Joe Citizen. Actually, I am better with no one being subject to this proposed law. So if you don't take a refresher course in which you will probably NOT learn what you did wrong anyway unless you are required to talk about it during the class. Please note that is not in the refresher course as listed. You lose your HQL and CCW and any other "permission slip" to exercise your 2A rights. So you are unable to procure any more evil firearms. I mean seriously, the difference between a semi-automatic and a revolver needs to be covered? I am not sure that the people who propose laws even know what a firearm looks like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom