• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Is any one else currently waiting on their license or received theirs in the last few weeks? I think a thread like this should possibly be made into a sticky because I'm sure the question comes up a lot. How long have you been waiting or how long did it take to receive yours?

I mailed mine the 8th of September, bank account was charged the 12th. I called the licensing center last Thursday the 18th and they said they mailed it out "about a week ago." Still nothing in the mail. What kind of time frame has everyone else been having?

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Is any one else currently waiting on their license or received theirs in the last few weeks? I think a thread like this should possibly be made into a sticky because I'm sure the question comes up a lot. How long have you been waiting or how long did it take to receive yours?

I mailed mine the 8th of September, bank account was charged the 12th. I called the licensing center last Thursday the 18th and they said they mailed it out "about a week ago." Still nothing in the mail. What kind of time frame has everyone else been having?

This sounds a bit fishy to me. The funds are taken out from the financial center in Atlanta, and then your paperwork is mailed by them to the BATFE center that handles your state. In the case of VA, that center is in WV, so it's not likely that the BATFE center would have your paperwork in hand until nearly the 18th. How long it takes from that point is a pure crap-shoot. Some guys have gotten them in 2 weeks, and others take closer to 4 months. My own original license was delayed a long time because I forgot to enter my DOB ... duh-OOH!!

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Ages ago my 03 FFL took a month or so. My 07 FFL only took 58 days, so they are banging them out quickly these days.

DisguisedRope

Insert clever title here
    Apr 23, 2012
    I mailed my application on October first and my card was charged on the sixth. Still think it's a bit early for me to call. Maybe in a couple weeks if I don't get any nice mail.

jimd27

Nov 12, 2011

I sent my app in within a day or two of yours and was charged around the same time too....still waiting.

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    Who did you guys call? I mailed mine in the beginning of September, still waiting. Figured I would call in just to check if anyone had a number.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Who did you guys call? I mailed mine in the beginning of September, still waiting. Figured I would call in just to check if anyone had a number.

I just got off the phone with the licensing center in West Virginia. They're sending a reprint of my license tomorrow. Given that its been 2 months since I sent in my app I decided it was time to call again and the woman on the phone agreed it should not have taken that long. The number is 866-662-2750. I've talked to a few people now that sent theirs at the same time as me and are still waiting so it sounds like the ATF or the post office somehow lost an entire batch. Just my luck.

CraZ4GunZ

Dec 12, 2008
    HoCo
    Around four weeks has been the average based on my experience and talking to others..this was at the beginning of the year though.
    Sent my app in right after Xmas, card charged 2nd week of Jan, FFL arrived at end of Jan.

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    I just got off the phone with the licensing center in West Virginia. They're sending a reprint of my license tomorrow. Given that its been 2 months since I sent in my app I decided it was time to call again and the woman on the phone agreed it should not have taken that long. The number is 866-662-2750. I've talked to a few people now that sent theirs at the same time as me and are still waiting so it sounds like the ATF or the post office somehow lost an entire batch. Just my luck.

Thanks.. I'll call them tomorrow as well. Sounds like typical government, a whole truckload of applications goes missing with your SSN's, etc.

jimd27

Nov 12, 2011
    Thanks.. I'll call them tomorrow as well. Sounds like typical government, a whole truckload of applications goes missing with your SSN's, etc.

I called last week and it was the same deal as dave91. Definitely looks like a batch went missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom