• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Yeah, I saw this on Drudge.

God forbid we punish the lawbreakers. Want a fix for "1/3 of the guns found in the city were stolen from the counties"? 25 years mandatory for anyone convicted of possession of a stolen gun; but he'd never go for that. It would put most of his constituency in jail.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Yep, just like a tax on machetes would have stopped that whole Rwandan genocide thing. The blame didn't lie with the violent animals using them, after all, did it?

Idiocracy - was it really fiction?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Yeah, I saw this on Drudge.

God forbid we punish the lawbreakers. Want a fix for "1/3 of the guns found in the city were stolen from the counties"? 25 years mandatory for anyone convicted of possession of a stolen gun; but he'd never go for that. It would put most of his constituency in jail.

Did you notice, it's not a one time tax?

A gun owner would have to pay the tax on a recurring basis :mad54:

Vince55

Vince55
    Aug 10, 2010
    Lusby, Md
    “If we were to pursue a tax on something like guns and ammo, clearly that wouldn’t be popular with the [gun lobby] out there, and it may not generate $50 million, but ... it is consistent with our commitment to pursuing violence reduction in the city and in the county,” Kurt Summers, Preckwinkle’s chief of staff, said on Monday.
    So let me get this straight, they want to tax the law abiding citizen to generate revenue for the city's criminals and they think this will reduce gun violence? Is it just me, or does this seem stupid.....or is it just a money making scheme.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Ten cent per bullet tax. All this will accomplish is drive ammo sales out of the county. Taxes like this will force in county gun and ammo dealers out of business. It will not increase revenue it will actually cause revenue to decrease. Think Maryland millionaires tax. It goes without saying that this will do nothing to curb violent crime.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    The idea is to curb the number of guns in circulation, he said, citing a report issued last summer showing that nearly one-third of the guns recovered on Chicago’s streets were purchased in suburban gun shops. Other statistics are more dire: Murders in Chicago are up 25 percent this year, according to recent police statistics, and the county jail is filling up — with 9,000-plus inmates, nearing the 10,155 capacity.

Shocking. A new study shows 1/3 of the recovered guns were purchased in suburban gun shops.

Since there isn't a single gun shop in Chicago city limits, why is this surprising?

Money grab, pure and simple. Since they can't tax guns and ammo sales within the City (since there isn't any), the City casts its net out to the Suburbs to to try and suck them dry.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Ten cent per bullet tax. All this will accomplish is drive ammo sales out of the county. Taxes like this will force in county gun and ammo dealers out of business. It will not increase revenue it will actually cause revenue to decrease. Think Maryland millionaires tax. It goes without saying that this will do nothing to curb violent crime.

Otis Rolley, a candidate in the recent election for mayor of Baltimore, proposed a $1 per round tax on all ammo sold in the city. :crazy:

Kelson1066

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2012
    Frederick County
    Can someone please explain to me why southern Illinois doesn't just secede from the idiots in Chicago?
    Let them create their own distopia without the suburbanites being taxed to death for their "inner city" programs.

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    Here's an idea: Propose an arson, drunk driving and vehicular homicide tax on all gasoline sold in Cook county. . . say, 25 cents per gallon. When they marry that proposal to the violence tax on ammo, then agree. NOT.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    I propose a tax on all rolls of toilet paper to cover the cost of bank robberies, because everyone knows that thieves take a dump within 24 hours of knocking-off a bank.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Otis Rolley, a candidate in the recent election for mayor of Baltimore, proposed a $1 per round tax on all ammo sold in the city. :crazy:

I literally got the idea from a stand up routine by Chris Rock.

I mean that's the caliber (pun intended) of idiots that the votes in the city send to defend their rights.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    It is a two pronged attack and win/win for the liberals.

1. Money Grab
    2. Make it impossible for law abiding gun owners and dealers to do business.

A liberal agenda wet dream…

shooting again

Feb 27, 2011
    Southern Illinois
    In response to Kelson1066 - you're on the right track but said it backwards. We downstaters would like to expel Cook County and reclaim Illinois for the good people who are left. But it's too late as the Chicago machine will produce more votes to deny it, no matter how many times they have to vote early and often to do it.
    - native Downstater

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom