This is gonna make some of you Jealous!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I really dont like to brag about new items because i dont want to seem stuck up, but this one is just WOW! I got lucky on this one..

First off are the bad:
    - small import mark under the barrel, durectly above the bayo. Very hard to see.
    - I believe its a replacement stock as there are no numbers on it. Correct blade cut though.

Im thinking only the hardcore SKS collectors are gonna pick up on the historical value on it. :thumbsup: And now on to the pics...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      29 KB · Views: 1,131
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      34 KB · Views: 1,130
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      32.8 KB · Views: 1,132
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      44.6 KB · Views: 1,132
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      22 KB · Views: 1,122
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      26.8 KB · Views: 1,128
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      21 KB · Views: 1,122
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      33.8 KB · Views: 1,133

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I know nothing about SKS's, but that one is SWEET!! Congrats :thumbsup:

Never be afraid to show off your firearms. That's pretty much why we're all here- to learn about them!

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    See if I can remember some things from my own SKS collecting days. Chinese Factory 26 gun with a very, very low serial # and a blade bayo. Sino-Soviet?

Al's Snackbar

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Early CHICOM model (circa early 1956) built at the Jianshe armory under Soviet supervision. By late 1956 the CHICOM's started adding Chinese characters by the serial number (yours has some cyrllic letter that I can't tell you what it is 'cause I don't speak Russkie).

Al's Snackbar for the victory????:bannana:

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Early CHICOM model (circa early 1956) built at the Jianshe armory under Soviet supervision. By late 1956 the CHICOM's started adding Chinese characters by the serial number (yours has some cyrllic letter that I can't tell you what it is 'cause I don't speak Russkie).

Al's Snackbar for the victory????:bannana:

Al's Snackbar for the word salad repeat of what I just said. :)

Like I said when I saw it, early Factory 26 (that is the Jianshe factory), probably a Sino-Soviet. In other words made using at least some Russian parts which were also shipped to the Chinese along with the tooling to make the SKS.

The upside down 1 is not a Cyrillic letter that I know about. More than likely it's just that, an upside down 1 stamped by people with very little western literacy skills. Maybe on purpose, maybe not.

Factory 26 guns are regarded as likely the only ones where you can reliably date them based on serial #, usually using 7 digit sequential number that went up to the next million every year. For instance, I have 1,***,*** serial number Factory 26 gun that I would date to 1957. The serial number on that one would like make it a first year gun. However, with any Chinese production guns nothing is absolute.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Yea.. Zoo and Al nailed it.

I was looking for a C&R chinese sks and stumbled upon this one at auction. I bid to win, and took it home. Bore is mint, and doesnt look like a refurb and the blue loss is consistent all over.

=GoMango=

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 26, 2012
    Anne Arundel Co.
    Yea.. Zoo and Al nailed it.

I was looking for a C&R chinese sks and stumbled upon this one at auction. I bid to win, and took it home. Bore is mint, and doesnt look like a refurb and the blue loss is consistent all over.

It's certainly old enough to be "C&R" but I was unaware that the BATFE started accepting any Chinese made SKS rifles as C&R .

Is that a new BATFE rule on just Sino-Soviet type 56 Chinese made SKS rifles ?

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    It's certainly old enough to be "C&R" but I was unaware that the BATFE started accepting any Chinese made SKS rifles as C&R .

Is that a new BATFE rule on just Sino-Soviet type 56 Chinese made SKS rifles ?

its by year that it qualifies. Unlike yugo and albanian and suck listed in the book, chinese is not so the only way it qualifies is by production date. Sino's were only made in early 1956 so they are good to go.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    not with the cyrillic letters, they were only used early 1956.

Some argue that only the ones with the cyrillic russian letters are true sino's

=GoMango=

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 26, 2012
    Anne Arundel Co.
    its by year that it qualifies. Unlike yugo and albanian and suck listed in the book, chinese is not so the only way it qualifies is by production date. Sino's were only made in early 1956 so they are good to go.

Well your wrong ;)

There are so many people who have written letters to the ATF in order to educate them but they don't care . Here is an example : http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=30811.0

If you used your C&R license to purchase that Chinese SKS rifle from out of state your going to get jammed up in an audit !

The BATFE does not recognise any Chinese SKS rifles as C&R.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    They admit that production started in 1956, and nowhere do they say that if its chinese its not C&R. I read those letters 3 times and it does not say that ALL chinese sks's are not C&R. Some are, based on dating it.

You are wrong. ;)

Here is some bedtime reading for you
    http://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=26665

- Russian style (early 1956). While under Russian supervision, it was only natural the Russian advisors would implement the Russian style of serial numbering on the Chinese built SKS. They basically followed the Russian style but instead of using 2 cyrillic letters followed by 4 numbers, they used 1 alfa letter followed by 4 numbers. On a few rare occasions an unrecognizable symbol was observed in place of the alfa letter.
    This early first year production is better known as Sino-Soviet SKS.
    eg early 1956: A1234 /26\

=GoMango=

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 26, 2012
    Anne Arundel Co.
    They admit that production started in 1956, and nowhere do they say that if its chinese its not C&R. I read those letters 3 times and it does not say that ALL chinese sks's are not C&R. Some are, based on dating it.

You are wrong. ;)

Here is some bedtime reading for you
    http://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=26665

- Russian style (early 1956). While under Russian supervision, it was only natural the Russian advisors would implement the Russian style of serial numbering on the Chinese built SKS. They basically followed the Russian style but instead of using 2 cyrillic letters followed by 4 numbers, they used 1 alfa letter followed by 4 numbers. On a few rare occasions an unrecognizable symbol was observed in place of the alfa letter.
    This early first year production is better known as Sino-Soviet SKS.
    eg early 1956: A1234 /26\

I'm well aware of the history of the Sino-Soviet SKS :lol:

You need to educate yourself on C&R regulations as well as Chinese SKS production history.

NO CHINESE MADE SKS RIFLE QUALIFIES AS C&R.

Call or write the BATFE before you get jammed up in an audit.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I'm well aware of the history of the Sino-Soviet SKS :lol:

You need to educate yourself on C&R regulations as well as Chinese SKS production history.

NO CHINESE MADE SKS RIFLE QUALIFIES AS C&R.

Call or write the BATFE before you get jammed up in an audit.

Please educate me, where does it say this?

How is it not C&R if its made in 1956? Every gun once it hits 50 years old automatically becomes C&R status.

=GoMango=

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 26, 2012
    Anne Arundel Co.
    Please educate me, where does it say this?

How is it not C&R if its made in 1956? Every gun once it hits 50 years old automatically becomes C&R status.

Because the Chinese GOVT has never officaly released any information on their military weapons production the BATFE will not recognise the production info that collectors all know.

Call the BATFE, don't take my word for it.
    It is common knowledge among most seasoned collectors :cool:

Hope that auction where you picked it up was a in MD auction ;)

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Your both wrong, now send it to me for inspection and to join the other two in my safe.:tongue01:

While i understand your point yellowsled( and i agree with you, it should be), I think you would be hard pressed convincing BATFE if it was questioned due to the Chinese not releasing the productions dates. This is why I sent both of my Sinos and any Chinese i bought from a online auction to Keepshooting for a transfer. Not worth the risk and i dont mind working with a Great IP.

Ok, now still send it to me..:D

Sirex