• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    Open carry of long guns are still legal according to the states testimony. I just got a brand spanking new AR I'd like to show off...... Just sayin

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    For some reason I cannot view that link. I get an error message that says "Warning: This form is not supported with the current version of Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
    Upgrade to the latest version for full support.". Every other document on the mdsp site works.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    The app is in progress. MSP is having trouble with some of the code.

The application (fillable) is supposed to be able to turn on and off different sections depending on your circumstances.

G

George

For some reason I cannot view that link. I get an error message that says "Warning: This form is not supported with the current version of Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
    Upgrade to the latest version for full support.". Every other document on the mdsp site works.

Update your Adobe Reader to the latest version. it works on mine and I can not seem to find the part for Good and Substantial Reason.

Edit:
    The app is in progress. MSP is having trouble with some of the code.

The application (fillable) is supposed to be able to turn on and off different sections depending on your circumstances.

Never mind when I start to fill out the form and select Handgun Permit and Individual it does pop up on there.

SomeGuy

Jan 19, 2013
    Severna Park

And my updates were current as of yesterday - unless it was created on an old copy of Acrobat - and it is their version that is not up to date

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Open carry of long guns are still legal according to the states testimony. I just got a brand spanking new AR I'd like to show off...... Just sayin

By the same guy who just said you couldn't while he was speaking in Calvert County the other day ... he's gotta make up his mind

pilgrim

Well is it just me or does the new application on the MD State Police website have no place for Good and Substantial Reason?

This is a new application right? It doesn't look like the one I downloaded a few months ago.
    http://www.mdsp.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=K-ZiNlzmEe4=&tabid=429&mid=1072

If you select Individual, handgun permit

you get q.23

msp_form290-01Rev12-2012.jpg

ChrisR/T

Resident Beer Snob
    Oct 30, 2008
    Las Vegas, from Hazard County
    Well is it just me or does the new application on the MD State Police website have no place for Good and Substantial Reason?

This is a new application right? It doesn't look like the one I downloaded a few months ago.
    http://www.mdsp.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=K-ZiNlzmEe4=&tabid=429&mid=1072

"6. Personal Protection: There must be documented evidence of recent threats, robberies, and/or assaults, supported
    by official police reports or notarized statements from witnesses.
    Private Detectives/Security Guard"

doesn't look like they dropped it to me.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    The new app is supposed to automagically open the sections you need to use, as you need them. It's intended to make the whole thing easier, because the old one was rather confusing. Lots of ways to mess up.

Also, the data you fill out will be inserted into the permit system automatically, instead of having to be typed in. That saves a lot of time and eliminates errors made by the people entering data. Eventually this - and other parts being installed now- will essentially turn the permitting system into one that can sustain the load in a post-Woollard world.

But there will be bugs. Rather they get worked out now than when 100,000 apps come rushing in.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    :facepalm:

On another note, is it a safe bet that a new thread will be started when the decision is released? I'd rather watch for that since their is really nothing to do except wait.

On another 'nother note, You guys did yourself proud yesterday at the hearings and ralley. I kept checking in on the status of the event throughout the day. Let me say that whether or not you know it, people from all over the country are watching this play out and you all are an inspiration to other freedom loving people throughout our Great country.

We in CA are facing the same insane attempts at destroying out 2A Rights. Our legislature is hell bent on out-doing NY. Time will tell. What's that old saying.... ? Can't remember the exact phrasing, but something like "we all must stand together or we shall all fall separately". Anyway, please know that people from across the country are in your corner and are watching!
    SC

Thanks, Chuck. We're watching you guys in CA, too.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Whats crossover day??

March 25th this year. Described as:

76th Day — Opposite Chamber Bill Crossover Date
    Each Chamber to send to other Chamber those bills it intends to pass favorably Opposite Chamber bills received after this date subject to referral to Rules
    Committees (Senate Rule 32(c), House Courtesy Date)

A bill needs to be passed by each chamber to become law. The MD General Assembly is strictly limited by calendar to 90 days. In order to guarantee time for a bill to be reviewed by both chambers, one that passes one side must be given to the other by day 76. Beyond that, no guarantees are given as to whether it will get a vote. Because of this, the "Rules Committee" will play traffic cop for bills that extend beyond the crossover date. If Rules says it shouldn't be heard, then it won't get a vote.

If the Governor and the leadership want something voted on past day 76, they will get it. It's our job to decide the outcome of that vote.

FWIW, this thing is going to go all the way. We gotta be in this for the long haul: through midnight on Monday 8 April.

Elliotte

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Loudoun County VA
    Whats crossover day??
    March 25th this year. Described as:

A bill needs to be passed by each chamber to become law. The MD General Assembly is strictly limited by calendar to 90 days. In order to guarantee time for a bill to be reviewed by both chambers, one that passes one side must be given to the other by day 76. Beyond that, no guarantees are given as to whether it will get a vote. Because of this, the "Rules Committee" will play traffic cop for bills that extend beyond the crossover date. If Rules says it shouldn't be heard, then it won't get a vote.

If the Governor and the leadership want something voted on past day 76, they will get it. It's our job to decide the outcome of that vote.

FWIW, this thing is going to go all the way. We gotta be in this for the long haul: through midnight on Monday 8 April.
    Interestingly enough March 25th is the start of Passover this year.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    :facepalm:

On another note, is it a safe bet that a new thread will be started when the decision is released? I'd rather watch for that since their is really nothing to do except wait.

On another 'nother note, You guys did yourself proud yesterday at the hearings and ralley. I kept checking in on the status of the event throughout the day. Let me say that whether or not you know it, people from all over the country are watching this play out and you all are an inspiration to other freedom loving people throughout our Great country.

We in CA are facing the same insane attempts at destroying out 2A Rights. Our legislature is hell bent on out-doing NY. Time will tell. What's that old saying.... ? Can't remember the exact phrasing, but something like "we all must stand together or we shall all fall separately". Anyway, please know that people from across the country are in your corner and are watching!
    SC

"We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall hang seperately." -Benjamin Franklin

Cyndi59

Anyone think..sure this might had been brought up in one shape or form.Does anyone think,it's possible that the CA4 is sitting,watching and waiting on the Md GA to start slamming bills to be passed thru..there are a bunch (not a handfull) and then the CA4 post it's opinion to moot at least half of the lame bills passed by the GA..??Or am I just thinking a daydream flashing by..that CA4 just wants to see what kinds of rubbish spills out onto it's citizens..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom