• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    My dad gave me this really old .22 one year for Christmas. The guy that sold it to him called it a "Cat Rat" gun. I have looked all over to try and figure out exactly what this gun really is, but i come up short every time. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Cat Rat Chamber.jpg
      Cat Rat Chamber.jpg
      27.7 KB · Views: 418
    • Cat Rat.jpg
      Cat Rat.jpg
      63.5 KB · Views: 419

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I dunno, but if you asked Ceasefire they'd probably tell you it's an "assault weapon!" :eek:

But seriously, I'd pose the question to the C&R types over on gunboards.com. I am sure one of them will be able to help you.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Whoa!!!!!! I have no idea, but I want one. :)

Ask over on The High Road, or even better The Firing Line forums. I have seen pictures of some really wild guns over there that I thought would stump all the experts only to learn something new from some people that know all about old guns.

For instance, did you know the French used to make a shotgun that fired electrically up until the 1950s? The gun had no firing pin and the shell was set off by a spark.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Maaan, I wish there was more to go on. What caliber is it? Is the number 22 after FL the caliber?
    What are the markings? All I can partially see is the FL 22 if that is what it says.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    It is a .22lr. Thats pretty much it...

In the very first pic you can actually see a casing stuck in the base of the barrel. It has been there since I've had it.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    So they are saying its called a Flobert. I Googled it and I guess thats what it is??? Not worth much if indeed thats what it is.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Cant seem to find to much on Parlor guns

Parlor, or parlour guns are usually what some of the Floberts were called IIRC. You may see them used mentioned interchangably.

Edit: Think the shooting games at carnivals and those little .22 cases they used to use many years ago. That is parlor shooting if I understand correctly.

biermkr

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2007
    Almost Heaven
    Edit: Think the shooting games at carnivals and those little .22 cases they used to use many years ago. That is parlor shooting if I understand correctly.

That is what I have read also. They also were made as pistols, which I think are more commonly called Parlor Guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom