• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    We got our permits!

We applied (with G&S) on March 2nd, just before the flood gates opened.

Our permits naturally have (at least for now) "restrictions". It reads as follows:

{Quote}
    "Between residence Bank or while transporting business currency as Owner/Locksmith of Bear Lock & Security Service. Inc. (MD ONLY) Not valid where firearms are prohibited."

I have a call in to MSP for a little clarification.

Let's say I leave the house in the morning not carrying any business related cash. But I anticipate the possibility of getting a cash job(s) at some point during the day. So would I be in violation on some technicality because when I leave the house (armed) I am not - at that very moment - "transporting business currency as Owner/Locksmith of Bear Lock & Security Service. Inc."?

The lady I spoke with yesterday at MSP was very nice, but she after thinking about it couldn't give me a definitive answer herself. (Only said, "It's a 'fine line'".)

She took my name and best number to reach me at (gave her all three!) and will have "Trooper H" call me back. Hopefully I'll hear from him today.

Hopefully, when Woolard plays out, and we are ALL granted the same right (which we really already have under the US Constitution), the restrictions will be lifted on our permits.

But for now, I'm thankful for what we do have.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    Congratulations. Since the business is yours, I would assume any cash in your possession qualifies.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Congratulations! Would be interesting to see how many different answers you get if you pose the same question to different people in the licensing division or the AG office - :D

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    We got our permits!

Our permits naturally have (at least for now) "restrictions". It reads as follows:

{Quote}
    "Between residence Bank or while transporting business currency as Owner/Locksmith of Bear Lock & Security Service. Inc. (MD ONLY) Not valid where firearms are prohibited."

Let's say I leave the house in the morning not carrying any business related cash. But I anticipate the possibility of getting a cash job(s) at some point during the day. So would I be in violation on some technicality because when I leave the house (armed) I am not - at that very moment - "transporting business currency as Owner/Locksmith of Bear Lock & Security Service. Inc."?

The lady I spoke with yesterday at MSP was very nice, but she after thinking about it couldn't give me a definitive answer herself. (Only said, "It's a 'fine line'".)

She took my name and best number to reach me at (gave her all three!) and will have "Trooper H" call me back. Hopefully I'll hear from him today.

Hopefully, when Woolard plays out, and we are ALL granted the same right (which we really already have under the US Constitution), the restrictions will be lifted on our permits.

Congratulations.
    Could you post all the paperwork (additional instructions, guidance, restrictions, etc.) that accompanied your permit (with any personal information omitted)?

Thanks

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    Congratulations.
    Could you post all the paperwork (additional instructions, guidance, restrictions, etc.) that accompanied your permit (with any personal information omitted)?

Thanks

Here ya go...

Attachments

• MSP Letter.pdf
      27.8 KB · Views: 288

eyesinpines

Mar 4, 2011
    We got our permits!

{Quote}

I agree with those who suggest that you always have a cash/deposit ticket in your possession...congrats, wanna sell your business? :)

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    We got our permits!

{Quote}

Good for you. I'm glad you got it. I think the laws a veg like that so they have the freedom to do whatever, when ever. It is a fine line, but the question should be, why is it a fine line. The MSP should un-fine the line and give more details so you do not have any questions at all.

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    Wow, they seriously want you to re-submit your fingerprints when you renew. I suppose because the act of getting fingerprinted is tied to the federal background check?

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    congrats, just don't shoot anybody - valid or not - we still live in MD

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    We got our permits!

So it looks like 90 days, not business days, was in force for you. Also, since your the business owner as long as you have "Business currency" you have a permit to carry 24/7.

Congrats!!!:party29:

I also applied with a G&S, "deposits", on the 21st of March, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

The interview has already been conducted and references were contacted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom