• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I know its not a breakthrough Design but its the only one on the market that dosent require Modification to the host Rifle.

The AK is normally a Left Hand friendly Weapon. Most Stocks Fold to the Left side which makes operation/deployment more efficient.

The Charging Handle is on the Right Side which makes Reloading/Charging the Weapon easier for a Lefty.

The Magazine Catch is Left and Right Friendlt, so thats a given.

The biggest hangup has always been the Safety for Lefty AK users.

This Enhanced Left Handed AK Safety can be manipulated with the thumb of the Left Hand and has a MANUAL Bolt Hold Open built into the Safety.

$125.00 (Customer Safety NOT USED, WE Provide them)

2012-05-19_16-54-04_189.jpg

2012-05-19_16-54-08_994.jpg

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    This is cool, but something i noticed here. Nem is a buddy of mine, and when he made that trigger adjuster for the ak, everyone pretty much shrugged at him. Clan welds a tab on a safety and everyones ready to get under his desk and work it off..... Is it just ass kissing or just people dont trust or like Nem? Or is there something else? Not knocking clans work and in fact i do think its a great idea, this is directed at peoples responses.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    This is cool, but something i noticed here. Nem is a buddy of mine, and when he made that trigger adjuster for the ak, everyone pretty much shrugged at him. Clan welds a tab on a safety and everyones ready to get under his desk and work it off..... Is it just ass kissing or just people dont trust or like Nem? Or is there something else? Not knocking clans work and in fact i do think its a great idea, this is directed at peoples responses.

Because I for one could care less about a trigger adjuster for a gun I consider minute of man. My 100 and 200 yard groupings with my Saiga out of the box does not justify any money or time spent to make it more accurate.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Because I for one could care less about a trigger adjuster for a gun I consider minute of man. My 100 and 200 yard groupings with my Saiga out of the box does not justify any money or time spent to make it more accurate.

There you go...so what you are saying is youre a shit shot with aks, and you are happy with that...i would go so far to bet you shoot wolf...on top of that you dont really try to shoot accuratly do you? No, because you dont think the gun can do it...maybe if you spent a little time and effort on it you could make some progress...

Its whatever though, i dont care about trying to be nice or keep a good name on hete anymore...to be honest this place is pretty much shit anymore...

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    There you go...so what you are saying is youre a shit shot with aks, and you are happy with that...i would go so far to bet you shoot wolf...on top of that you dont really try to shoot accuratly do you? No, because you dont think the gun can do it...maybe if you spent a little time and effort on it you could make some progress...

Its whatever though, i dont care about trying to be nice or keep a good name on hete anymore...to be honest this place is pretty much shit anymore...

No reason to get butt hurt.

Your buddy asked a question...I gave MY answer.

I have several guns. All with different purposes. I dont take my AK out with no optics and cheap ammo to shot tight groupings. I take the AK out because it's a fine gun to shot and hits the paper.

If I wanted to piss away some money and try and make a AK a target gun maybe I'd be interested in a trigger upgrade instead of a safety that I'd use all the time.

I didnt discredit what you did...just explained why I didnt get excited when I saw it. You seem to take it personal as if I discredited your work or something.

If an AK was the only weapon I had maybe I'd spend more money/effort trying to be awesome Magpul operator accurate with it. But the reality is I spent around 300 bucks on the gun....300 bucks on cheap crappy ammo...and am very happy with the results because it's simply fun to shot. It's accurary is limited in part by me and I have no problems with that. I hit what I aim at I dont need 1 moa groupings with a non optic gun.

If it makes you feel better I'll tell you how awesome your trigger is that I've never used and cant tell how much better, if it's better, then the stock one other then your testimony.

The safety in the video speaks for itself. Seems like a simple and easy upgrade.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Krebs already has a similar system (their tab is located further forward). Not sure if they've already patented it. (one would assume so)

http://www.krebscustom.com/PartsPages/KalashnikovParts.shtml

Good idea to move the tab back for lefties. However, lefties already have their support hand on that side of the gun, so it would seem like operating the safety is already much easier for them.

Edit: My girlfriend is a lefty (in more ways than one, lol). I should take her to the range and let her shoot my AKs. Id be curious how she handles the safety.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    No reason to get butt hurt.

Your buddy asked a question...I gave MY answer.

I have several guns. All with different purposes. I dont take my AK out with no optics and cheap ammo to shot tight groupings. I take the AK out because it's a fine gun to shot and hits the paper.

If I wanted to piss away some money and try and make a AK a target gun maybe I'd be interested in a trigger upgrade instead of a safety that I'd use all the time.

I didnt discredit what you did...just explained why I didnt get excited when I saw it. You seem to take it personal as if I discredited your work or something.

If an AK was the only weapon I had maybe I'd spend more money/effort trying to be awesome Magpul operator accurate with it. But the reality is I spent around 300 bucks on the gun....300 bucks on cheap crappy ammo...and am very happy with the results because it's simply fun to shot. It's accurary is limited in part by me and I have no problems with that. I hit what I aim at I dont need 1 moa groupings with a non optic gun.

If it makes you feel better I'll tell you how awesome your trigger is that I've never used and cant tell how much better, if it's better, then the stock one other then your testimony.

The safety in the video speaks for itself. Seems like a simple and easy upgrade.

I like how im butt hurt now because i state a counter response...lol

Heres the thing...the plate i came up with just drops in...its as simple as taking your grip off and putting it back on...taking the slack out of the trigger is two fold...one it helps with trigger control for better aimed shots...two the reset is super short, and theres no over travel when it comes back forward again...double and tripple taps are extremly fast and easy...

I come on here to try to help people...ive seen what aks can do, and how good they are. It bothers me when their just talked about like junk beaters by people not willing to even try. The sgl i have holds 2 moa all day long, im about to test my saiga 223 soon which i predict to be around 1.5 moa from previous shooting...their not target guns, but if you can take small steps to improve it, why be so resistant to it? I was going to sell fully tuned fcgs, the plate and a tuned safe for like 100 bucks...know how much i was making on that? Almost nothing...this safe alone is 125? Pffft...like i said...i try to help people, others are just trying to make a buck. Hell ive done 4 saiga conversions for members on here and didnt charge a penny...yea, maybe i could have...but this isint a buisness to me...its a passion.im just happy to see people walk away with a smile on their face proud of their ak, and being proud at the cost of a few hundred bucks...its whatever though...

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    It's obviously a point of contention with you our your buddy wouldnt have brought it up and you wouldnt have defended it in someone else's thread so I'll just leave it alone.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Krebs already has a similar system (their tab is located further forward). Not sure if they've already patented it. (one would assume so)

http://www.krebscustom.com/PartsPages/KalashnikovParts.shtml

Good idea to move the tab back for lefties. However, lef
    ties already have their support hand on that side of the gun, so it would seem like operating the safety is already much easier for them.

Edit: My girlfriend is a lefty (in more ways than one, lol). I should take her to the range and let her shoot my AKs. Id be curious how she handles the safety.

I use the Krebs Sporter Safety and a Solar Tactical Tab to make this. Those 2 Items come from seperate sources. The Krebs will cost $75 shipped, and the Solar Tab costs $21 Shipped.

The Krebs is not usable as a Lefty Safety so the additional tab is needed.

You get the safety modded, a tab WELDED ( not glued on ), Tensioned, ad Refinished for an additional $29.00 over cost.

Im a paying I.P. , my work retains all safety fetures that the design calls for and its professionally done. Its up to the customer to determine if this mod is fiscially reasonable if you are a lefty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom