• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    She (or They) will be here on Friday the 23rd...She was supposed to call me last Thursday to confirm, but I never heard from Her....I will post results ASAP.

bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Thanks, sorry. When you said "next Friday" I wasn't sure if you meant this one past or the one coming;) I'd be curious to hear how it all goes.

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    O.K. Guys..Here we go. I had not recieved a confirmation call from ATF so yesterday I called her to confirm an appointment for today being that we had not set a time in our original conversation. The ATF investigator made it here today. I had a 10:30 appointment per our conversation yesterday....She showed up just after 11:00. First we checked my gun descriptions and serial numbers against what I had in my bound book. This took 20 minutes. Then, She advised me that she had to go over the laws and regs from the guide I recieved with my liscense. She also made me RE-WRITE my bound book because it was not in the"proper" format. I had each purchase on a single page because I do not have that many C&R guns and my book is 100 pages. It was done very neatly and she acknowleged that and the fact that I had more then the required info. The bound book MUST be in the format as shown on page 66, table 3 of the "Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide" 2005 Publication 5300.4. Any other format is unacceptable. She went over all the highlights of having a C&R and transferring of said guns. She was working off of a checklist and had me go over this stuff in the book as she read and explained it to me. She also went over child safety locks, Md. Law regarding child safety and transferring of weapons. She left at 2:30...That's right, She was here for almost THREE AND A HALF HOURS.... I know she is just doing her job and she was very nice...BUT, I felt like I just took a class that I did not need or want. I have a headache.

bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Thanks for the update. I had a feeling thats how it would go. Sounds like an exciting way to spend an afternoon. :rolleyes: Interesting also that they would contact you to setup a meeting, set a date and not a time, and then not call back to confirm the meeting but rather you have to do it... Oh well.

Is your bound book ok now? Let me know if you need something different. I have a laminator here at the house and put a decent bound book together with pages to record in a chart like those found in the regs... I think I can fit like 6 firearms to a page or something like that.

If you want one, I'd be happy to make it for you, shoot me a PM

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    Thanks, bkraft. The bound book is O.K. She had me draw lines for columns in it to match thier format. To me, It looks like crap but, it (not suprisingly) is acceptable to them( or her).
    There is three and a half hours I wont get back. The way she first spoke on the phone it sounded like it might take an hour or so. I'm good for at least another year anyway.

BTW, She said the inspections were random and was suprised when I pointed out that I only had the C&R for 10 months........

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    O.K. Guys..Here we go. I had not recieved a confirmation call from ATF so yesterday I called her to confirm an appointment for today being that we had not set a time in our original conversation. The ATF investigator made it here today. I had a 10:30 appointment per our conversation yesterday....She showed up just after 11:00. First we checked my gun descriptions and serial numbers against what I had in my bound book. This took 20 minutes. Then, She advised me that she had to go over the laws and regs from the guide I recieved with my liscense. She also made me RE-WRITE my bound book because it was not in the"proper" format. I had each purchase on a single page because I do not have that many C&R guns and my book is 100 pages. It was done very neatly and she acknowleged that and the fact that I had more then the required info. The bound book MUST be in the format as shown on page 66, table 3 of the "Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide" 2005 Publication 5300.4. Any other format is unacceptable. She went over all the highlights of having a C&R and transferring of said guns. She was working off of a checklist and had me go over this stuff in the book as she read and explained it to me. She also went over child safety locks, Md. Law regarding child safety and transferring of weapons. She left at 2:30...That's right, She was here for almost THREE AND A HALF HOURS.... I know she is just doing her job and she was very nice...BUT, I felt like I just took a class that I did not need or want. I have a headache.

Now that the technical aspects of the audit. Thinking back, Was she Hot?
    :innocent0

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    BATFE Audit...Pt 2

O.K. Guys...Now I recieved a phone call today from the agent/investigator that audited me last week. She left a message on my answering service wanting to know if I rent or own my home. I called her back and she said she wanted to know this BUT was not sure if it mattered for an 03 FFL.:sad20:

She wanted me to get a letter from my landlord stating that he is aware of my collecting of C&R guns...WTF.. I told her if she was not sure then to find out and let me know and I will get the letter with no problem.( My landlord knows and his dad was an FFL a long time ago, so he is cool with it.) I dont know if I will hear back from her and she said that "SHE AND HER SUPERVISOR were not sure, but it is required of an 01,etc"...Anyone have any idea about this? I'm thinking about just turning it in because I dont need the hassle and I have almost enough C&R stuff, for now anyway. Might just be worth paying transfer fees than to have my door kicked in and my dog shot....LOL..J/K

Last edited:

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    yeah :wtf: i live in an apartment, i don't want to tell the dumbasses in that office anything especially tipping off shady maintenance men etc. this seems like a violation of rights.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    O.K. Guys...Now I recieved a phone call today from the agent/investigator that audited me last week. She left a message on my answering service wanting to know if I rent or own my home. I called her back and she said she wanted to know this BUT was not sure if it mattered for an 03 FFL.:sad20:

She wanted me to get a letter from my landlord stating that he is aware of my collecting of C&R guns...WTF.. I told her if she was not sure then to find out and let me know and I will get the letter with no problem.( My landlord knows and his dad was an FFL a long time ago, so he is cool with it.) I dont know if I will hear back from her and she said that "SHE AND HER SUPERVISOR were not sure, but it is required of an 01,etc"...Anyone have any idea about this? I'm thinking about just turning it in because I dont need the hassle and I have almost enough C&R stuff, for now anyway. Might just be worth paying transfer fees than to have my door kicked in and my dog shot....
    The only thing I am aware of is the part about it being legal to conduct your collecting activities at your location, like if there is no zoning issues for a gun shop might have. However, since even if your landlord said not guns allowed, it would not be against the law to lie to your landlord and not illegal to collect guns there, so therefore I would tell the ATF agent it is not something that is a part of the license requirements and I personally would refuse to comply. The worst that could happen is they take the license, but the best that could happen is they learn this is not a question they should ask of collectors again and not put other people in the uncomfortable position of revealing to their landlords the private information that they have guns.
    There is no stipulation I have ever seen that says the landlord or property owner the property is being leased from must be informed of your collecting activities. It is like the MVA only allowing people get driver's licenses if their landlords are notified because you might keep a car in their driveway.

mdsuave13

Zombie Survival Expert
    Nov 8, 2007
    ellicott city
    I don't know if I've ever heard of one. I'm sure there have been but they are rare. Don't worry though, when Obama gets in I'm sure we'll all be on a yearly cycle like the dealers are. The idea of an annual ATF "arsenal license" for anyone with more than 10 guns or a thousand rounds of ammo has long been a goal of the Schumer and Feinstein crowd, bills to that effect have been introduced in the past.

Always trying to tax the zombie invasion prepared people... just cause i have a APC filled with weapons, canned food, blankets, first aid and other provisions, all of a sudden i need to pay a yearly tax? F that.

ps, anyone know where i can pick up a set of spare treads for my apc? its a bradley....

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I saw an earlier post in this thread about someone who had their C&R license but did not purchase any C&R firearms so their bound book was empty. The person said the ATF agent asked to see their guns. Can they really demand to see your non C&R guns? Or do you only have to show them your bound book, the fact it doesn't have any guns written on it and tell them they don't need to see your other guns (do the Jedi mind trick here) ?

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    They do not need to see your other guns. In fact, when I had the audit last week, I brought all my C&R guns to my dining room table and we did the process there. She never aked anything about other guns.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    I saw an earlier post in this thread about someone who had their C&R license but did not purchase any C&R firearms so their bound book was empty. The person said the ATF agent asked to see their guns. Can they really demand to see your non C&R guns? Or do you only have to show them your bound book, the fact it doesn't have any guns written on it and tell them they don't need to see your other guns (do the Jedi mind trick here) ?

You mean they want to see your other guns to verify that you haven't gotten any c&r? i don't think that would work because you can own c&r guns without a c&r license. the other handguns ( c&r before u got licensed) would already be registered with msp/batf. they can't atleast i hope they can't make you prove your purchase.

when we use our ffl03 to purchase does the company (sog etc) have to send in anything to batf?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom