• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fireup

Oct 14, 2010
    Catonsville
    Application hand submitted 3/9

Just checked my bank account (3/12) and the $75 application fee has been cashed... Who knows what that means but I like it. Good luck to all!

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.

Just checked my bank account (3/12) and the $75 application fee has been cashed... Who knows what that means but I like it. Good luck to all!

That means that they grab the envelope, rip it open, dig through to find the check, put it on the deposit list and chuck the envelope on the pile. :lol2:

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    That means that they grab the envelope, rip it open, dig through to find the check, put it on the deposit list and chuck the envelope on the pile. :lol2:

I brought this up on the main Woollard thread in a question to Patrick. I am seriously curious about what legal ramifications exist for that action. I can see holding the package completely (not cashing the check); however, by cashing the check, I would consider that to be the start of a valid application process and wonder if it creates a legal obligation to complete in a somewhat timely manner (realizing that the application says allow 90 days, but the codified rules do not specify a time limit for process completion).

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    I brought this up on the main Woollard thread in a question to Patrick. I am seriously curious about what legal ramifications exist for that action. I can see holding the package completely (not cashing the check); however, by cashing the check, I would consider that to be the start of a valid application process and wonder if it creates a legal obligation to complete in a somewhat timely manner (realizing that the application says allow 90 days, but the codified rules do not specify a time limit for process completion).

Well I am sure that they would have to start it to check and make sure that the app is complete. Also you have the time limit for fingerprints and FBI background check ( I have heard that FBI "can take" up to 30 days but I doubt it). I am sure that if you DO have G&S reason then the process continues but if you DON'T then its on hold to see what happens with the STAY/APPEAL. I guess they can hold it for as long as they want providing they can supply G&S reason as to why its taking so long.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County

I don't have a solid answer. They will do what they do.

I will suggest this: if your application is complete, it is complete. The legislature could create new rules today (training, etc.) that you would still need to meet, and even apply additional fees. But the time for them to do that is dwindling.

If a stay comes and we are all meeting their rules before it goes into effect, we are good to go for as long as the court tells them they cannot deny us. Note here I am counting on a stay including an order to hold our applications vice deny them.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I don't have a solid answer. They will do what they do.

I will suggest this: if your application is complete, it is complete. The legislature could create new rules today (training, etc.) that you would still need to meet, and even apply additional fees. But the time for them to do that is dwindling.

If a stay comes and we are all meeting their rules before it goes into effect, we are good to go for as long as the court tells them they cannot deny us. Note here I am counting on a stay including an order to hold our applications vice deny them.

Sorry, Patrick, was just cross-referencing based on the post to which I replied. Did not mean to confuse the issue here as well.

Personally, if I can get an appointment at one of the sites to do the LiveScan prints/notary on Friday, I will be filing my application after I get back from my business trip this week.

victorshiflett

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 11, 2012

My application was sent on 3/7/12 and as of right now my check has not been cashed. I wonder why? I answered question 9A self defense and all legal purposes. My G&S reason which I did not put on the application is because my 2nd and 14th amendment allows it. I bet someone from the state police has monitored some of my posts here and decided to shelve my application.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    My application was sent on 3/7/12 and as of right now my check has not been cashed. I wonder why? I answered question 9A self defense and all legal purposes. My G&S reason which I did not put on the application is because my 2nd and 14th amendment allows it. I bet someone from the state police has monitored some of my posts here and decided to shelve my application.

There are 13,000 members and 1.5 Million posts on this little site. If they got that kind of time, I'll start making personal requests via posting. :)

br3krj

Libertarian Conservative
    Oct 25, 2009
    Harford County
    Submitted application today after visiting LiveScan in Glen Burnie. Excellent service there by Bill. I recommend him highly. In and out in 15 minutes. One stop shop.

victorshiflett

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 11, 2012
    There are 13,000 members and 1.5 Million posts on this little site. If they got that kind of time, I'll start making personal requests via posting. :)

I think they will neither confirm nor deny whether they read the post here. But, I bet they do.

Samuel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 12, 2012
    Tough to read 1.5mil posts starting from scratch but one or two people could keep up reading with all new posts each day & flagging suspicious posts for further review. The site admin has a similar task & they manage.

victorshiflett

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 11, 2012
    The MSP cashed my $75.00 check. So hopefully this means that since I can legally own a handgun and enjoy a 2nd and 14th amendment right as every other legal qualified US citizen, Maryland will issue me a CCW permit. As I understand it, a motion for a stay has been submitted, but the judge has not signed an order as of yet granting a stay. If a stay is granted will the stay be retroactive to the date the judge made his decision or will the stay be valid only to the day the judge grants and signs an order of stay.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Unfortunately no one knows the answers to any of these questions.

It is all guesswork and conjecture until something actually happens in the way of an administrative ruling or further clarification.

rj9938

Sep 16, 2008
    HO county
    Looking for updates about the CCW ruling. Has the stay been heard by a judge or does anyone now if it's been approved or denied? last date on this thread id from the 7th,what's happened since then? Tanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom