• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    Has anyone had any experience with the M10 Model AKs? I believe they are Romanian, and have a better fit and finish them the standard WASR, sounds like it might be a good affordable AK I might recommend to a family memeber that has never had an AK.

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    I see A LOT of cool stuff on atlantics site, but i have a feeling they're a place that only has a fraction of what they show in stock. I hope I'm wrong though because I've been browsing those vepr's a lot lately.

I have dealt with them on non firearm stuff, and they had what I needed. Have to be one heck of a warehouse to hold it all.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    I know your deep in the AK game, what do you think of the veprs? I have two arsenals now, a 47 and a 74. Do you think is see much difference in quality or accuracy with a vepr?

The Veprs are going to be a tad more accurate because of the heavier barrel but will also be heavier overall because of the heavier receiver and barrel. The accuracy will not be huge improvement but will help a bit.Vepr receivers are from the rpk machine guns. Also if you want the vepr to look more like your arsenal's it will cost much more to convert because as mentioned the vepr is based on the rpk.

Quality wise your arsenal and veprs are the same both being built from quality Russian arsenals. For me the vepr is a no-go solely because I am an AK purist who is not satisfied unless the AK in question looks exactly like its real life counterpart. In fact I am so anal about the looks I might be selling my arsenal because it doesn't have the sidefolding stock like it should for purity's sake. :lol2:

Jack Gordon

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2011
    Places Unknown
    The Veprs are going to be a tad more accurate because of the heavier barrel but will also be heavier overall because of the heavier receiver and barrel. The accuracy will not be huge improvement but will help a bit.Vepr receivers are from the rpk machine guns. Also if you want the vepr to look more like your arsenal's it will cost much more to convert because as mentioned the vepr is based on the rpk.

Quality wise your arsenal and veprs are the same both being built from quality Russian arsenals. For me the vepr is a no-go solely because I am an AK purist who is not satisfied unless the AK in question looks exactly like its real life counterpart. In fact I am so anal about the looks I might be selling my arsenal because it doesn't have the sidefolding stock like it should for purity's sake. :lol2:

Have you seen the triangle folders copes just got in?

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Have you seen the triangle folders copes just got in?

I saw them. I tried about a year ago to see how much it would cost to convert my arsenal to have the sidefolder and they said that it would not be doable (to them) and would cost so much to do I'd be better off just buying the arsenal sgl-21-94. It is what I'd rather have anyway.

Jack Gordon

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2011
    Places Unknown
    I saw them. I tried about a year ago to see how much it would cost to convert my arsenal to have the sidefolder and they said that it would not be doable (to them) and would cost so much to do I'd be better off just buying the arsenal sgl-21-94. It is what I'd rather have anyway.

Gotcha. Now if you start with a arsenal factory side folder you can just swap for a triangle folder correct? The one your talking about has a triangle folder from the factory though doesn't it? I'm sorry I'm not real familiar with arsenals actual model numbers. Mine were just average fixed stock models

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    Gotcha. Now if you start with a arsenal factory side folder you can just swap for a triangle folder correct? The one your talking about has a triangle folder from the factory though doesn't it? I'm sorry I'm not real familiar with arsenals actual model numbers. Mine were just average fixed stock models

You can but you have to make sure you have the correct pin diameter. Some are 4.5mm others are 5.5mm.

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    So can anyone answer the OP's question?

It's cool. From what Im getting they are not very popular. And yes, Atlantic has them in severl configurations for in the five bills range. I'm not getting one for me. I have enough projects going on. My father has never had anything outside of a bolt. Though it might be good for him.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    I have not handled an M10 in person, however aside from the combined FSB/GB it's basically a WASR. Same hogged out magwell and no reason to believe it's any better constructed. WASRs can be fine AKs but I'm sure you've read that QC can be a little lacking.

For the price I'd shop around, if it's what you want go for it but try to buy in person so you can check first.

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    I know your deep in the AK game, what do you think of the veprs? I have two arsenals now, a 47 and a 74. Do you think is see much difference in quality or accuracy with a vepr?

I haven't had a vepr in my hand. I prefer to roll my own and stay more traditional. The M10 seems to be a dressed up Wasr , but haven't handled on of those either.

Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    We have the M10 in stock and a wide selection of Vepr rifles , We just completed a few You Tube Videos on the M10 they are pretty cool.

M10FIXED.jpg

M10FOLDER.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom