• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    I went up to Freedom Armory in PA a few weeks ago for 30 rounders. Tapco $20 Steel $40.

That's a crime.

Surplus steel AK mags cost $10 bucks new all day long.
    Bulgy polymers (the good ones) are $30 or less.

Don't you dare pay $40 for a steel AK mag unless it gives you a blow job and does your dishes too.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Tapco = feces

40 for regular steel equals raping. If you paid that pm me and I'll write you a rape report.

12-10 is about normal.

Yea when I first got into AKs a few years ago I didn't know what was the norm. Freedom had them for $35. Now I realize it's outrageous. Since, I haven't paid more than $10 for one. My butt still hurts.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    If you think about it, even $10 seems expensive, given that these things were made to be disposable, and there's probably literally a billion of them in existence.

tim410

Sep 10, 2009
    Towson
    Im not sure if they have ak mags but continental had parts kits for 30 rnd ar mags. Of course you have to "assemble" them out of state like i did.

Jan 16, 2011
    Towson
    That's a crime.

Surplus steel AK mags cost $10 bucks new all day long.
    Bulgy polymers (the good ones) are $30 or less.

Don't you dare pay $40 for a steel AK mag unless it gives you a blow job and does your dishes too.

:lol2: relax guys I'm just passing along prices. I only grabbed a tapco just to have one. I mean you go out and buy an AK you gotta have a 30rd for it! I plan on ordering some steel rebuilds from 44mag then taking a 10 minute detour on the way to Deep Creek to slap them together.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I live in White Marsh and if I don't feel like waiting for a PA or VA gun show I go to Precision Armory in Shrewsbury, PA. They are just off 83 and it saves me $$ since I always find things at gun shows that I didn't know I needed until right then!

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Also the Hungarian 20 rd tanker mags are very reliable and you can get them shipped to your door. Yeah I know it's not the "awesomeness" of the 30 or 40 rd mags but they work great and get shiped to the front door.

If you look around you can often get them in the gray hungarian pouch (3 mags and pouch) for 40-50 bucks. The pouch I originally thought was a POS but I gotta admit it's actually pretty nice.

I understand your looking for the 30 just giving you an option.

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    The Hungarian tankers are superior mags. Limited production means they command a higher price.
    I would buy those over any U.S. made mag.
    I have a Polish UF so you can bet there's a store of those as well.
    Buy any you see for < $15. Go < $20 if you're desperate or unwilling to jump through hoops.

GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC
    The Hungarian tankers are superior mags. Limited production means they command a higher price.
    I would buy those over any U.S. made mag.
    I have a Polish UF so you can bet there's a store of those as well.
    Buy any you see for < $15. Go < $20 if you're desperate or unwilling to jump through hoops.

+1 ^^^^

The hungarian 20 rounders are excellent and bench-friendly too. I've bought them here when I can't wait for a show:

http://centerfiresystems.com/PKG07.aspx

They sell them as singles also for $14.99 ea. All the 20rd Hungarians that I've bought from Centerfire have been in nearly perfect condition.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Thanks for all of the comments! I might try the York show and take a little extra money because as pwoolford says I just might see something else!

It is amazing how that happens! I went to the Carlisle show a couple weeks ago mainly to pick up a couple larger mags for a Ruger 10/22 to Archangel conversion I just put together. I ended up buying a FN FS2000 and forgot the Ruger mags! I really need to make a list for these shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom