• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Sounds like a great idea.:thumbsup:

Where does the dealers responsibility end? Front door? Parking lot? If so, borrow the lock until you get to your car, remove it and return it immediately.

Maybe a lock "rental deposit" program from the dealers is in order?

Pay full price for the lock, then return it within 2 weeks for a full credit of deposit once the gun is home. That way, if you want to keep it, it's yours and everyone is square. If you want to return it, you get your money back.

It's a win-win. Your choice. You keep the lock at full cost or the dealer benefits from a 2nd visit to return the lock and possibly get another sale of something forgotten during the original sale.
    Return customers are the best customers! :)

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    I just added a 30-06 lock to the spreadsheet. I needed it for the PLR-16. It fit somehow. Not sure if it's irrelevant now that MD law has changed but if needed I'll mail it and y'all can pass it around from there.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Just added a .40 S&W lock to the list. Hopefully the people on the list are still willing to lend out theirs. Probably need to borrow a 22LR one in the coming weeks.

noone

Jul 3, 2011
    I have a 40 cal. lock I was made to buy for my 10mm, he told me, I have this one in stock and it will fit but there will be a little slop. I asked well doesn't that defeat the purpose? He said the law states you must have one and I don't have a 40cal. anymore so I don't need it and charged me 25 bucks for it
    If anyone needs it on the upper eastern shore pm me and you can borrow it so you don't need to buy something you will never use(most likely)

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    I have a lock for the following:
    9mm
    and one that fits 30-06, .223. 7.63x39, 308.

I don't have the stem tool, just the locks themselves.

If someone wants to hang onto them and pass them around I'll happily send them to a member here for free. PM me if you want them.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    I have a lock for the following:
    9mm
    and one that fits 30-06, .223. 7.63x39, 308.

I don't have the stem tool, just the locks themselves.

If someone wants to hang onto them and pass them around I'll happily send them to a member here for free. PM me if you want them.

Sending these to member N3uka

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom