• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Maryland Shall Issue has just received approval from the powers that be to hold our fifth Open Holster Rally on January 16 in Lawyer's Mall in Annapolis from 12-2PM. We would have loved to officially promote this much further in advance, but as we all know, the wheels of government turn slowly, especially for "approving" an organization that dares to be bold enough to champion our 2A rights in Maryland.

Edit: Here's a copy of the promotional flyer that Boxcab posted later in the thread, also put here for everyone's convenience.

Last edited:

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Maryland Shall Issue has just received approval from the powers that be to hold our fifth Open Holster Rally on January 16 in Lawyer's Mall in Annapolis from 12-2PM. We would have loved to officially promote this much further in advance, but as we all know, the wheels of government turn slowly, especially for "approving" an organization that dares to be bold enough to champion our 2A rights in Maryland.

How about a long gun carry rally? Wouldn't that be just as legal? Just asking.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    How about a long gun carry rally? Wouldn't that be just as legal? Just asking.

No it would not be legal in these circumstances. It is illegal on state owned property and it is illegal at a public demonstration.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Date? Time? Place? I'll have to start a new sign. See you there.

Date, time, place in OP.

They do not allow signs that are on a stick (the DGS Capitol Police will confiscate them as possible weapons :( ). A handheld poster board or sandwich boards should be OK, I am scheduling a meeting with DGS soon to get specifics and a common understanding.

What we really need are bodies. Nothing gets attention with our Representitives and/or the Press like a large crowd.

More to follow...

Mr H

Banana'd

This is good news.

Count us as two.

ih23

Dec 13, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'll be there. I'll see if I can hand some fliers out in my neighbourhood. I'll leave most of them at houses that have the US flag displayed outside, some of these residences around here are homes of Veterans. Chances are they're pro-gun. Does MSI have a flyer for this event yet?

We need numbers. I suggest folks do the same.

gdubyacobb

Mar 6, 2009
    Patagonia Arizona
    Okay.
    I know I don't live in Maryland any more and as such maybe I am not entitled to comment, but...
    A presumably predominantly white crowd having a pro gun rally on Martin Luther King Day.
    Honestly? What kind of press coverage do you expect to receive?
    I, personally could care less about the "holiday", but if you are trying to win a public relations war this is something that matters.
    Just my two cents from far away.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Okay.
    I know I don't live in Maryland any more and as such maybe I am not entitled to comment, but...
    A presumably predominantly white crowd having a pro gun rally on Martin Luther King Day.
    Honestly? What kind of press coverage do you expect to receive?
    I, personally could care less about the "holiday", but if you are trying to win a public relations war this is something that matters.
    Just my two cents from far away.

I bet they (the state people)planned it that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom