• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If you could have only one, which is best?

• AR 15

Votes: 229 80.1%
    • Mini 14

Votes: 57 19.9%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    AR15, I have three and a .22 clone.
    Mini 14, I have one. Always wanted one and kick myself for not buying one new in Memphis Tenn back in 2000 for $415.00

benton0311

Feb 26, 2011
    I have an AR and a Mini-30. The Minis are neat but they're just not a military grade service rifle. They're not bad, but I always think of the Mini as a plinker and an AR as a professional tool.

As far as the AK goes, I've had more issues with AKs than I've had with M4s (comparing military issue weapons). I believe the AK gas system is far superior but the rest of the weapon isn't as well executed as the M16.

JOBU

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2010
    STALAG Montgomery
    Mini....it works 100% of the time, it will hit a body mass at 200 yds, it only costs about $650, and...no self-respecting Mini owner would ever have a Pink, Hello Kitty Mini:

tumblr_ldpk0o8gsR1qciy5uo1_500.jpg

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    How often do you hear about Mini-14s breaking parts? Even Scar's AC-556 finally broke a part this year, and it's at least 30 years old and select fire. I've heard of two others needing fixing, another AC-556 after 100K rounds had to get a new barrel and another had been rusted shut after sitting in a pickup cab for 10 years. Parts for a Mini? Ha! Good mags and they're good to go, longer than you can afford to shoot them. They were the carbine of choice for police departments until DHS gave away surplus M-16s. Given the choice, I'd rather have a Mini-14 and five Ruger mags than a Noveske with five mags. I know the Mini will shoot steel cased out of the box. A lot of ARs won't.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    How often do you hear about Mini-14s breaking parts? Even Scar's AC-556 finally broke a part this year, and it's at least 30 years old and select fire.
    You hear about more AR-15s breaking because they outsell the Mini-14 a hojillion to one.

Also noteworthy: Ruger stopped servicing AC556s because they ran out of spare parts for them. Pretty sure an old select-fire AR-15 isn't going to have that issue...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom