• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • COL K

Aug 29, 2009
    the Maryland State High Power Rifle Championships were interrupted by rain on Saturday, August 13 and we were unable to finish the match. We have coordinated with NRA and rescheduled the State Championship to Sunday, September 18. This will be an 800 pt aggregate and no scores will be carried over from August. Please mark your calendars.

Those who shot in the August attempt and show up to shoot in September will receive a $20 credit toward the $30 entry fee. In other words, if you were there in August, the September match will only cost you $10.

For details go to www.msrpa.org click on teams, maryland state rifle team, and then match schedule.

Hope to see a big turnout.

COL K

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    ...so that old military expression "If it don't rain, we don't train" just doesn't apply in Maryland, eh?

The friggin pasters won't stick to the targets.:sad20:

In combat shooting, that was pretty much the only reason why we didn't shoot. If we had targets and pasters that stuck well to each other, it would be "GAME ON".:thumbsup:

fa18hooker

99-9X
    Sep 2, 2008
    Annapolis
    So will they only be shooting 200 and 300 yards (everyone completed the 600 yard stage)? NRA Rules state that a match may be cancelled, but all scores fired by all competitors stand:

9.11 Matches Not Complete-When a match or stage is not completed by
    all competitors in accordance with the tournament schedule, the match or stage
    may be rescheduled or cancelled. Any match or stage which has been
    completed by all competitors will not be refired. Only scores of a match or
    stage which has been completed will be included in an aggregate event or for
    National Record purposes, and a match or stage is not completed unless all
    competitors have fired.

COL K

Aug 29, 2009
    Yes I won the Wimbledon last year. I don't often post (although I thought I had posted before). I only posted this thread so that we could spread the word on the reschedule.

I was not involved in the decision to reshoot 600, but my understanding is that since this match is rescheduled more than a month from the initial schedule, there will be people that attend this that weren't at the last try and some of the people at the last try may not be at this one.

fa18hooker

99-9X
    Sep 2, 2008
    Annapolis
    Match was awesome, and a number of the State Association folks bowed out of shooting to run the match...a big thanks from all of us who shot, had a great time, and finished at 1400...never had a Regional Match Course finish that early! Great weather, great people, and a great match. Now if we can keep all the Sunday drivers BEHIND the firing line...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom