• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    A google and history search didn't provide a solid answer. Is the Benelli M4 considered a regulated firearm within Maryland? Seems to be a fine line for the 922r compliance. Will changing to a collapsible stock and putting a full length magazine make it even more so?

Thanks for any feedback.

:thumbsup:

No, the M4 is not regulated. As to 922r compliance, as I understand it, in pistol grip form you cannot have an extended magazine and collapsable stock on an imported shotgun. However Carriercomp sells mag tubes & US-made hammer (Geissele) that will make your collapsable-stock equipped M4 922r compliant.

And having had an M4 now for the past several years, I can tell you it is a SUPERB shotgun!

I purchased mine at Barts Sports World in Glen Burnie back in 2007 shortly after they came out. They have them in from time to time. I've seem them at Gun Rack in Laurel recently as well as White Marsh Arms in Reisterstown along with The Armory in Annapolis. Call around, they are out there. Check to see if they are the 11707 which has the collapsable stock or the M1014 which does not.

drwalther

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Berlin
    I had no problems buying mine here in MD.

I'd love some input on some other stuff from the rest of the M4 owners. Sling, case, and home defense ammo choices? I'd like a sling that had the option of extra shell storage but doesn't require any real mod to install. In a case I like roomy and water proof that floats. Regarding ammo, a gunsmith told me heavy loads are required, but what have you found that you love? Of course there are many choices. I've done several searches online but can't seem to get my entire wishlist. Maybe you all have had better luck.

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    I just saw the preview for next Top Shot - they'll feature the M4. It'll be fun to see that gun in action.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    No, the M4 is not regulated. As to 922r compliance, as I understand it, in pistol grip form you cannot have an extended magazine and collapsable stock on an imported shotgun.
    Weren't pistol grips deemed a non-evil feature on shotguns recently?

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    The M4 is a premier shotgun but the ones I have shot and been around are picky when it comes to ammo so expect to buy better ammo.

Wal-Mart buk pack stuff probably won't fly

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    Is your M4 a 18" Tactical ? just curious because another member here couldn't get his to eat anything but the good stuff. And I was there so I'm not repeating what I read on the internet. :D I swear...

Echo Victor

Mar 25, 2009
    Harf Co.
    Yep, its an 18" tactical. It does cycle a little slower with some ammo but I've never experienced any malfunctions with it.

slugs, 00 buck, #7 shot, #8 shot from various makers.

Attachments

• IMG00175-20100914-0056 - Copy.jpg
      IMG00175-20100914-0056 - Copy.jpg
      100.2 KB · Views: 454

Echo Victor

Mar 25, 2009
    Harf Co.
    If you guys are looking for Benelli m4's with collapsible stocks, this guy might be able to give you a good price on one... :D

Pretty sure he got these from the "free gun section" at the Qaddafi pad.

Attachments

• Full page print.pdf
      65 KB · Views: 108

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom