• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I received a legislative alert from the Associated Gun Club that they're filing suit against the MSP for denying someone their designated collector status. The alert mentioned Cpl. Cusimano by name, which is odd since most people here have had positive experiences with him. I searched here and using Google, but couldn't find any more information on this.

Anyone have any information on this? I didn't want to cut-and-paste the content of the e-mail with approval from one of the admins.

SRTMO

Apr 29, 2009
    Ceciltucky
    To turn down someone for DC status, I would think that they would have a good reason. It's such an easy thing to get.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    There was a guy here who was denied,because MSP had said he hadn't bought enough regulated firearms, but of course, since one can buy things by using a C&R, how would MSP really know?

That person ended up getting his.

I wonder what is up and I hope they aren't stirring the pot unnecessarily.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    When I got my Des collector status,, I had purchased ONE regulated firearm.

There must be more to the story.

Tom

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    There was a guy here who was denied,because MSP had said he hadn't bought enough regulated firearms, but of course, since one can buy things by using a C&R, how would MSP really know?

That person ended up getting his.

I wonder what is up and I hope they aren't stirring the pot unnecessarily.

I hope it's related to this. :)

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    I received a legislative alert from the Associated Gun Club that they're filing suit against the MSP for denying someone their designated collector status. The alert mentioned Cpl. Cusimano by name, which is odd since most people here have had positive experiences with him. I searched here and using Google, but couldn't find any more information on this.

Anyone have any information on this? I didn't want to cut-and-paste the content of the e-mail with approval from one of the admins.

did yours say something like this???

Dear XXXXX,

The Department of Maryland State Police is once again violating its own regulations. This time, by denying a citizen's legal rights by refusing to issue a collector designation to a member of the AGC network. This Association is currently taking action against the Maryland State Police due to its apparent inability or unwillingness to take any corrective action regarding Corporal Michael Cusimano's refusal to comply with COMAR 29.03.01.04 Sections I, J, K and L.

You can expect to hear more on this and related issues with the Maryland State Police in the next legislative report. If you have applied for a collector designation and have been delayed or denied; please contact this office immediately.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The COMAR URL

http://www.dsd.state.md.us/comar/comarhtml/29/29.03.01.04.htm

What is the difference between a regulation and a statute?

The Legislature enacts statutes.

Administrative agencies adopt, amend and repeal regulations under the authority granted to them by statutes. Unless the Legislature has created an exemption, agencies must follow the procedures in the Administrative Procedure Act when adopting, amending or repealing regulations.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    :popcorn:

Here we go again JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS without having the complete background from both sides.

I'm not saying that there is something unlawful or wrong doing here because there could be? I'm saying we need more facts before placing judgements.

Crikey, I swear if the media reported that all scientist are wrong that the world is really FLAT, there would be a few here that would believe it. :innocent0

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    :lol:

When has the MSP ever notified anyone in writing within 14 days, that they have been approved for a collector status?

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    :popcorn:

Here we go again JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS without having the complete background from both sides.

I'm not saying that there is something unlawful or wrong doing here because there could be? I'm saying we need more facts before placing judgements.

Crikey, I swear if the media reported that all scientist are wrong that the world is really FLAT, there would be a few here that would believe it. :innocent0

Yup....I'm still wondering where the OP saw anything about a lawsuit but I figure he can explain that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom