• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fester60

Feb 1, 2010
    PA
    I think the manufacturer is EMF from New York. I was on their website yesterday and you have to look on the left side for the JR carbine because they make a bunch of old revolvers too. I can't link it from work for you sorry.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I like the concept, but they're only doing three of the five calibers that Glock makes. If they made a 10mm version, I would be all over it. Think 155gr JHP at 2000+ fps.

Jim

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I like the JRC better. I like the weight of it and the fact I can accessorize it. From what I can tell they both have the same accuracy.

Thanks for the answer. I think that the JRC looks better.

One more Q: do you think that price difference is worth the "weight and accessories" difference.

There are a few accessories available for the Sub2K, and if you put all of the bling available from KT, it would still cost less than the JRC. I'd get the JRC's .45 ACP version, as KT doesn't have one.

Jim

MirandaB

Jun 8, 2011
    How do you like the JR Carbine? Trying to find out what versions are available. Cannot locate their website.

Dave
    Dave:

My name is Miranda Bernabei. I am the managing partner of Just Right Carbines, in Canandaigua, NY. I am also one of the designers of the gun. You can find our website at www.justrightcarbines.com. Fester60 mentioned that he found our gun on EMF's website. EMF is one of the distributors of our gun, and they are in California.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have about the JR Carbine.

Thanks for considering our JR Carbine out of the many fine firearms currently available.

Best regards,

Miranda

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Dave:

My name is Miranda Bernabei. I am the managing partner of Just Right Carbines, in Canandaigua, NY. I am also one of the designers of the gun. You can find our website at www.justrightcarbines.com. Fester60 mentioned that he found our gun on EMF's website. EMF is one of the distributors of our gun, and they are in California.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have about the JR Carbine.

Thanks for considering our JR Carbine out of the many fine firearms currently available.

Best regards,

Miranda

Welcome, Miranda!!

You cannot beat this for customer support!

MirandaB

Jun 8, 2011
    Hi Miranda! When are you folks going to put a 10mm version out?

Thanks!

Jim
    Hi Jim.

Our carbine is a straight-blowback design. The bolt is entirely inertial and doesn't lock when in battery, and the barrel breech does not depress upon firing, so there is no mechanical action to absorb some of the recoil energy as there is in the 1911 or Glock, for example.

When the gun is fired the bolt's mass is not enough by itself to sufficiently slow the bolt's recoil, even when using the standard AR-15 aluminum buffer with its own internal sliding weights. In order to adequately slow down the bolt in the JR Carbine we developed a solid steel buffer to augment the mass of the bolt. Our buffer is significantly heavier than the standard AR-15 aluminum buffer, and is sufficient for the energies developed by the 9mm, 40S&W. and 45ACP.

Unfortunately, the full power 10mm generates too much energy for us to accommodate through increased buffer mass within the limited confines of the buffer tube and still permit sufficient fore-and-aft bolt travel for the gun to function. We might be able to accomplish this by using some significantly denser material for the buffer - like tungsten, for example - but it would be cost prohibitive. Using reduced power 10mm cartridges might work, but then the performance would be much like the 40S&W and the advantage of the 10mm would be lost. For these reasons we do not plan to offer the JR Carbine in 10mm.

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

Miranda

MirandaB

Jun 8, 2011
    Miranda,

Do you provide a prepaid shipping label for the Rapid Fire Bolt Upgrade?
    Please call us toll free at 1-877-778-8452 so we can make whatever arrangements are necessary. We'll need the serial number of your carbine when you call. You can speak with either me or our General Manager, Dave White.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom