• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    I was talking to a friend who lives in the city of Annapolis. He says he cannot get ammo shipped to his house. (He makes other arrangements.)

Is this valid? Is there really a more restrictive Annapolis city law?

Thanks.

TRUEST ONE

Mar 25, 2011
    Annapolis
    Depends on the supplier. I live in Annapolis and have found that some will ship and others won't. Some online suppliers list the areas they will NOT ship to so its not so bad.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Actually there are two places in MD that it is ILLEGAL to receive ammo by a non-licensee delivered to one's house, place of business, etc.. They are Montgomery county and the city of Annapolis.

boule

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Galt's Gulch
    Actually there are two places in MD that it is ILLEGAL to receive ammo by a non-licensee delivered to one's house, place of business, etc.. They are Montgomery county and the city of Annapolis.

Since there is a state preemption on laws concerning guns&ammo, these municipality guidelines mean nothing.

JWBanshee

Jul 1, 2009
    I am not supposed to get ammo delivered to my house in Annapolis? Oh the Horror!!! I guess I wont tell anybody when the brown truck drops of the OMD marked boxes.
    JW

bdiddle

Dec 21, 2009

in 85 a court case ruled that the mg county law was invalid

budders7

Aug 29, 2010
    Severna Park
    The MoCo issue was recently discussed here
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=674

As far as I cant find I only see retailers repeating the same ammo shipping restrictions, but can't find any laws about it. I'd talk to the city police, but I doubt they will know anything. I'm sure it's just another old law that everyone wants to CYA over.

Semi related about aimsurplus, which wont ship to MoCo or Annapolis according to their rules. http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=39052&highlight=montgomery

Marginwalker

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 11, 2010
    Maryland
    Have your friend double check his address. I have an Annapolis address but I am right outside the city line. I have had zero problems.

The Gnome

Apr 21, 2008
    I live in the city and have never had an issue receiving ammunition for more than 30 years.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I am on my laptop right now, I have the docs on my desktop.

iirc, it was Atlantic Guns vs Montgomery County

Could you elaborate on that?

Wondering if it has anything to do with Atlantic Guns being included in respect to NOT being able to receive ammo shipped to them; meaning a licensed firearms dealer in MoCo was or was not exempt from the MoCo law.

bdiddle

Dec 21, 2009
    Could you elaborate on that?

Wondering if it has anything to do with Atlantic Guns being included in respect to NOT being able to receive ammo shipped to them; meaning a licensed firearms dealer in MoCo was or was not exempt from the MoCo law.

Basically the law that monkey county passed required your firearms to be registered to buy ammo, you could only by them in the caliber that matched your registered guns, and buy the ammo at a store with proof of gun registration in that caliber.

That meant no shipping ammo to the county......

I am moving, but when I get the time I'll post the court docs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom