• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I knew about this a few days ago, and it has been HARD to keep my mouth shut. :D

God bless John J and his hard, clever work at AGC! :mdpatriot

Thisthread is getting a Sticky; everybody MUST read it, and read it slow so that you understand what a huge coup this was.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Join CeaseFire Maryland
    Become a member of CeaseFire Maryland. Send your name,
    phone number, club affiliation (if any) and email address to
    Subject Line “Join” ceasefire@earthlink.net
    Don’t forget to enter the charter member contest:
    Win a Glock® Baseball hat (2) available or Glock® ear
    protection (1) available.
    :lol2::lol2::lol2:

Holy shit!! I haven't laughed this hard all week. What irony; what poetic justice!!!

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Wow, wow ,wow! thats amazing. Bravo
    .:party29::bowdown::clap::bannana::popcorn::tongue01::mdpatriot:smoke:

Can the new president of Ceasefire, send letters to the Judiciary and ways and means, supporting HB2 , and not supporting 517, before anyone figure out what is going on?

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    How much cash in donations do you think anti's that haven't been made aware of the situation are going to send to "us"?.....

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    How much cash in donations do you think anti's that haven't been made aware of the situation are going to send to "us"?.....

I wonder how much $$ they collected under the name and tax staus of ceasefire, that they'll have to give back or pay taxes on, or if they (old CF) donated any money to any political campaigns ect ect. Or if they are still using the name that doesn't belong to them.

Looks they( the old CF) is still accepting donations as Ceasefire under a likely NONVALID 501(c) Nonprofit status, shame on them, someone should contact the IRS.
    http://www.ceasefiremd.org/donate.html

From the old CF:
    "**This website is wholly owned by CeaseFire Maryland, Inc., which is solely responsible for its content. CeaseFire Maryland, Inc., is a Maryland nonprofit corporation recognized as exempt under Section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code. Since a portion of the website's content (or other activities of the corporation) may be political in nature, contributions to this corporation are non-deductible. Other portions of the website's content are educational in nature, and may relate to the activities of a separate Maryland corporation known as CeaseFire Maryland Education Fund, Inc., an entity recognized as exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Those portions of the website may be regarded as contributed by CeaseFire Maryland, Inc., to its affiliated entity, CeaseFire Maryland Education Fund, Inc., as permitted by IRS regulations."

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I wonder how much $$ they collected under the name and tax staus of ceasefire, that they'll have to give back or pay taxes on, or if they (old CF) donated any money to any political campaigns ect ect. Or if they are still using the name that doesn't belong to them.

Looks they( the old CF) is still accepting donations as Ceasefire under a likely NONVALID 501(c) Nonprofit status, shame on them, someone should contact the IRS.
    http://www.ceasefiremd.org/donate.html

From the old CF:
    "**This website is wholly owned by CeaseFire Maryland, Inc., which is solely responsible for its content. CeaseFire Maryland, Inc., is a Maryland nonprofit corporation recognized as exempt under Section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code. Since a portion of the website's content (or other activities of the corporation) may be political in nature, contributions to this corporation are non-deductible. Other portions of the website's content are educational in nature, and may relate to the activities of a separate Maryland corporation known as CeaseFire Maryland Education Fund, Inc., an entity recognized as exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Those portions of the website may be regarded as contributed by CeaseFire Maryland, Inc., to its affiliated entity, CeaseFire Maryland Education Fund, Inc., as permitted by IRS regulations."
    I am actually thinking about donating five dollars on their websight using a debit card to see if they cash it. If they take it, then they should be screwed.

I hate giving my debit card number to organizations though. Too risky IMO. A credit card has theft protection, but I am not so sure about debit cards.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Wow, wow ,wow! thats amazing. Bravo
    .:party29::bowdown::clap::bannana::popcorn::tongue01::mdpatriot:smoke:

Can the new president of Ceasefire, send letters to the Judiciary and ways and means, supporting HB2 , and not supporting 517, before anyone figure out what is going on?

+1 Time for us to put the fix in... :D:D:D:D:D:D :clap:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I think it may have been one of our members who actually came up with this idea and it got around in at least a couple of circles.

John is one of the sharpest people I have met and he is to be commended on bringing this off.:mdpatriot

Lots of questions come out of this. Can Ceasefire (the "old one") legally operate a website under that name since they no longer exist? I believe then that they are guilty of cyber-squatting. If the "New" Ceasefire MD trademarks/copyrights that name, they will have to forfeit the domain name.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Lots of questions come out of this. Can Ceasefire (the "old one") legally operate a website under that name since they no longer exist? I believe then that they are guilty of cyber-squatting. If the "New" Ceasefire MD trademarks/copyrights that name, they will have to forfeit the domain name.

I do not think the domain name will be effected, the legal battle would have to be making them sell the name to the new organization. The previous domain name was held before the trademark or copyright so I don't think it will have any impact as far as the web is concerned.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I see that John has already registered www.ceasefiremaryland.org under his name.

The site belonging to the organization formerly known as Ceasefire Maryland (ceasefiremd.org) has not been updated in almost a year.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I want to be the one who goes to the hearings as the official legislative representative of Ceasefire Maryland and Marylanders Against Handgun Abuse and say, "My name is Norton Yacankissmyass and I am here representing Ceasefire Maryland. We stand in firm opposition to HB517."

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    John also purchase marylandersagainsthandgunabuse.org :party29:

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I am actually thinking about donating five dollars on their websight using a debit card to see if they cash it. If they take it, then they should be screwed.

I hate giving my debit card number to organizations though. Too risky IMO. A credit card has theft protection, but I am not so sure about debit cards.

You could always pick up a prepaid Visa at Safeway or wherever.

Paragon

Jan 8, 2008
    For some reason, I can't get the link to work. Work must have it blocked. Can someone spell out what happened? From the jist of things, I'm guessing a pro-2A rights guy is now in charge of Ceasefire.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nestor875

Latest threads

Top Bottom