• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Just swapping e-mails back with Karen Sank. She says there is a CERT class going on soon. She typically waits for 15-20 people to organize a new class. I put my name on the list. Told her I knew a place where others might be interested as well. Contact info is down below. Get your name on the list. We will have an MDS Class :thumbsup:

"There's not really a syllabus. The training consists of some light fire suppression, basic first aid, search and rescue, terrorism and disaster psychology. There is classroom time and hands on practice during the class. You may want to check out the program on the FEMA website. Here's the link https://www.citizencorps.gov/cert/. That will give you a more thorough explanation of the program and all the information you should need.

Let me know if you have any questions after looking at the site."

Karen Sank
    Community Outreach &
    Volunteer Coordination
    Anne Arundel County Office of Emergency Management
    7480 Baltimore Annapolis Boulevard
    Suite 102
    Glen Burnie, MD 21061-3542
    410-222-0611 Office
    410-353-8687 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************410-353-8687******end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************410-353-8687******end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************410-353-8687******end_of_the_skype_highlighting Cell
    410-222-0690 Fax
    fdsank00@aacounty.org

TOWcritter

Self Sufficent Sovereign
    I took the online course. I just wanted to learn the marking codes that they use in disaster situations. The ones you see on houses and other buildings. I think it might come in handy for keeping people away from the castle if they can see it has been searched etc already....:innocent0Most of the other stuff I already have knowledge of.

Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    Cool, do you know where the class will be held? I'll throw my name on the list and link to this thread from mdpreparedness. Thanks. :thumbsup:

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I'd think we can convince her if we overwhelm her with interest. So pass it on to your fellow AACounty friends. Get them on the list. Then we can push for a class to start. This is just tax money (OUR money) being used for these courses. Get something back!

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    Fire hq in millersville would be a nice spot to hold it and central to most AACO residents. Done all my MFRI classes there.

dependent on date/location information I'm interested

Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    I got an email back from Karen and she said she was looking at the first weekend in Dec but did not have the hard details worked out yet. If you're free and want to do I'd recommend shooting her an email so your name is on the waiting list. :thumbsup:

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I want to keep this up top.

@mdricko: That is tentative. Maybe the next weekend. Keep your ears open.

We should be able to have a large MDS presence in that DEC class. Folks, sign up, get your name on the list! Please pass the word. Some good free training that could help us, our families, neighbors and whole community. Sheepdogs!

andyman

Former Senior Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    pg county
    I don't know if this is the same group but we took the AAco CERT class back in June I think. It was put on by DelMarVa search and rescue. It was a very well instructed and produced class. Seems to be a dedicated and motivated organization. I would highly recommend.

andy

smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    9-5 on a Sunday during football season?:eek: :wtf: OUCH that would be the Ravens/Steelers @ home game!! Fortunately it's a night game....:cool16:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom