• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    Last night I downloaded my LTCF forms, they were in a fillable pdf file so I didn't even have to do any writing. On my way to school this morning, the bus drops me off right by the sheriff's office so I popped in, paperwork and money in hand, and walked out of there 8 minutes later with my license. It was so easy that it nearly makes me ashamed of MD :(.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Congrats!!!! Do a write-up on your first carry experience (hopefully uneventful, but I always find it interesting what thoughts go through people's minds)

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    The longest part of the wait time was split between waiting for NICS and the card to come out of the printer :D. It boggles my mind that I have a freedom that you don't and you're only 40 miles from me :(.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    If you want to see a messed up system, drive north a few hours to NY. In order to own a handgun, you need a permit. It can take over six months for the paperwork to get processed and to be interviewed by a judge. During that time, you can't own a handgun. You can't go to a range and rent a handgun, because it has to be on your permit to be legal.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The longest part of the wait time was split between waiting for NICS and the card to come out of the printer :D. It boggles my mind that I have a freedom that you don't and you're only 40 miles from me :(.

That little card does nothing for you south of the Mason-Dixon Line and north of the Potomac River ;)

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    You are JUST NOW getting your LTCF? WTF dude, haven't you been there for months now? :)

Congrats dude

You have to get a PA Driver's License or State ID card first, and for that you need to prove residency. It took me 2 months after moving to PA until I could get my DL, but I had my LTCF within a few weeks. I still have it in my wallet... don't know how good it is though lol.

I just sent in my paperwork for my MD Permit to Carry yesterday... so hopefully I'll hear back soon about an interview. I have to read up on the application threads here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom