• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    First thing is the disclaimer. I have nothing to do with this sale other than posting it as a favor to a friend of a friend. I saw this list and thought that it would be a good opportunity for some of the forum members to get a nice weapon at a reasonable price. I receive nothing in return. I bought my K98 from Dave just like anyone else. Also, I do not vouch for the condition of anything that he is selling. I have no idea what is in good condition and what is not. The buyer assumes all risk.

Before anyone jumps in with the 50 post rule, I'm claiming admin privilege. ;)

That said, I had the opportunity to look at many of the items for sale in this list and pretty much everything that I handled seemed to be in very good condition. I didn't see anything that looked like it was used to drive railroad spikes. I bought a K98 Mauser and it is in great physical condition and is surprisingly accurate. I'm a happy customer.

With that out of the way, I'll let Dave take over...

May 13, 2005
    Hello folks, if you are interested in buying, please send me a PM stating which item you want, how you will pay (USPS money order or PayPal) and when you will be sending the payment.

I will be updating the list with GREEN for items still available and RED for items sold pending funds. If the item is gone I will remove it from the list. I will not be holding any items for folks that are not 100% committed to buy, so the first PM that says they will take it with payment details will get the item. Please consider the price listed as the price. At this time I won’t be listing pictures due to the quantity of items for sale.

ALL firearms for sale will be transferred through a dealer. You are welcome to choose an FFL dealer other than the one I will be using (Rick Boswell/Sporting Supplies of Southern MD), but if they are not local to Southern Maryland, then shipping and insurance will be on top of the price listed. All other items will be sold face to face. I don’t mind shipping mags, but at this time no ammo or primers.

Thanks,
    Dave

May 13, 2005
    *****PLEASE READ THE POST ABOVE THIS ONE REGARDING THIS LIST - IT WILL MAKE THINGS MUCH EASIER FOR ALL OF US.*****

Firearms
    Swiss Schmidt Rubin K-31 straight pull bolt rifle, VG cond. 7.5x55mm, $290
    Swiss Schmidt Rubin K-11 straight pull bolt rifle, VG-Ex 7.5x55mm, $380
    Swedish Mauser Gustaf 1915 bolt rifle, VG-EX 6.5x55, $315
    Enfield No5 Mk1 Jungle Carbine, missing upper handguard, band and cone flash hider, but shoots fine $195
    22-250 Savage 12 fluted SS HB bolt rifle, w/Tasco 4-16x50 scope, $490
    .308 Savage 112 BVSS fluted SS HB bolt rifle, w/ Cats Eye 4-16x50 scope, $540
    PSL Romanian Dragunov semi-auto rifle w/6x PSOP illuminator scope, 7.62x54 $680
    FPK Romanian Dragunov semi-auto rifle w/6x PSOP illuminator scope 7.62x54 $740
    AR Olympic Arms AR15, Ace stock, goose neck mount, custom break, Colt match trigger $800

Ammunition
    7.62x39
    Russian, Wolf HP, case of 1000 rounds - $195
    5.45x39
    Russian Surplus, Tin of 1080 rounds for $115, or two tins in sealed case for $225
    Romanian, sealed tin of 800 rounds - $140
    9MM
    Adcom M882 124g FMJ, 12 boxes of 50 rounds, 600 rounds total - $125
    Remington Golden Saber 124g 2 boxes of 25, 50 rounds total - $40
    12 Gauge
    Remington Slugger 2 ¾ 1oz, 10 boxes of 5, 50 rounds total, $35
    Winchester HP Slugs 2 ¾ 1oz, 1600 fps, 10 boxes of 15 rounds, 150 rounds total, $90
    Winchester Magnum Slugs 3” 1oz, 1760 fps, 4 boxes of 15 rounds, 60 rounds total, $40
    50 BMG
    Igman FMJ 699 grains, 8 boxes of 10 rounds, 80 rounds total - $250
    7.62x54
    Czech, non-corrosive, case of 800 rounds - $170
    Yugoslavian M30, case of 1200 rounds - $340
    Bulgarian light ball, tin of 440 rounds - $80
    Bulgarian light ball, case of two tins of 440 rounds, 880 rounds total - $160
    Hungarian light ball, tin of 440 rounds - $80
    Wolf factory ammo, 148g FMJ boxes of 20, case of 500 rounds - $180
    8MM Mauser
    Romanian newer production, wooden case of two tins of 380 rounds, 760 rounds total - $170
    9x18 Makarov
    Armscorp case of 1,000 rounds - $180
    7.5x55 Swiss
    Swiss GP-11 match, case of 480 rounds - $200
    7.62x25
    Bulgarian surplus, 800 round tin - $90
    300 Win Mag
    Hotshot 150g SP, 10 boxes of 20, 200 rounds total - $120
    7mm Rem Mag
    Hotshot 174g SP, 10 boxes of 20, 200 rounds total - $120

Magazines (multiple of each available)
    FAL 308 20rnds - $15
    FAL 308 20rnds (dirty, blemished but completely functional and will clean up) - $11
    HK-91/G3 308 20rnds - $15 for 10 mags
    Glock 23 40SW 13rnds - $15
    Beretta 96 40SW 11rnds - $12
    PSL/Dragunov 10 round mags, 4 pack with canvas belt pouch, $75

Primers
    CCI 50 BMG, 400 count, $80
    Wolf Large Rifle (Similar to Winchester), 5K, $100
    Wolf 223 Primers (similar to Winchester), 5K, $100

Other Stuff
    MG53/MG3/MG42 Tripod, with optics, optics case, battery box, new condition - $275
    IDF Assault Vest - $130
    1919A Parts Kit - $525

Last edited:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wheres he located? Dealer or private?

I wouldnt mind making talking to him about a couple of the Mausers.

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    I bought a few items from him. I know him personally and he is a good guy. He has good or better quality items, most hand picked by him. You won't go wrong! :thumbsup:

I've known Dave for many years and he is a great guy. In fact I viewed all of these pieces on monday and he has some really nice stuff. I picked up a very nice rifle from him while I was there. He is in the Pax River area and all of his sales must go through an FFL. He uses Rick Boswell right there in Lexington Park. He will ship to your FFL at actual cost to you.

It was very humbling looking at his collection. I thought I had a lot of stuff...

mrbig381

Nov 5, 2009
    southern Md
    I met Dave a couple of months ago and purchased a few items from him.
    He has some nice stuff and was a pleasure to deal with. Now he is tempting me again...Thanks again Dave.

May 13, 2005
    Hi there,

Just to clarify, I won't be posting pictures at this time due to the volume of items. I will be happy to answer any specific questions that anyone has regarding any of the items on the list and will try to answer all PMs that are sent.

If I don't get back to you right away, just have patience and I will get back to you as soon as humanly possible. Please understand that I have a job above and beyond this sale and that I'm a single dad of two kids. I will do my best to describe the items.

I will not be having folks out to view itmes at this time, so please don't ask. Sorry.

As far as the 1897, the finish is mostly patina, not much blueing left, I don't see any rust, maybe a few spots of minor surface blemishing. The bore has shine to it, but has a few spots. Not sure what the spots are, whether it's just dirty or light pitting. A couple of the screws may or may not be factory. There is a crack in the rear stock that appears fixable (glue and clamp). I have not fired it.

The M44 is a matching numbers rifle that is in excellent condition. The bore looks semi-shiny and doesn't look to have any overt pitting. The metal is Ex, the wood is Ex. It has an aftermarket scout scope mount that replaced the rear sight and a cheap scout/pistol scope on it. The reticle on the scope appears canted by one or two degrees, but it is a cheap scope and isn't worth much. I have fired this gun and it shoots fine.

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    Might be interested in one or both of these

• Turkish Mauser VG, 8mm, $120
    • Steyr M95, G-VG 8x56 with 120 rounds ammo, $110

I'll send you a PM later when I get home from work. :thumbsup:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I'm in the process of a deal with Dave and I can tell you his communication back and forth has been great. I anticipate completing a smooth deal within the next couple of days.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    I've bought several firearms from him in the past couple of weeks. Extremely nice guy with some very nice firearms for sale. I think even his lowest rated firearms are in very nice shape.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    ...ALL firearms for sale will be transferred through a dealer. You are welcome to choose an FFL dealer other than the one I will be using (Rick Boswell/Sporting Supplies of Southern MD), but if they are not local to Southern Maryland, then shipping and insurance will be on top of the price listed...

Am I to assume no C&R FFLs?

May 13, 2005
    C&R FFLs are OK for the C&R firearms on the list and will not have to go through Rick Boswell. Without a C&R though, all C&R buys will be required to do a 4473.

Idempotent

Zombies' Worst Nightmare
    Apr 12, 2010
    That's a hell of an impressive list right there! I might be interested in a Mosin, unfortunately, I'm not willing to go through all the hassle of an FFL just to acquire one. I take it the restrictions imposed on you are because you're a dealer, and thus you can't do face-to-face transfers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JBIRD EST.1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom