• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Adams74Chevy

Hits broadsides of barns
    Oct 3, 2007
    Carroll Co.
    There could be some good ideas out there we might have a MD Shooter who's a Emril or Chef Boyardee. I know a few ways to fix venison and always looking for more. Other critters are good too :D

navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    I take deerburger and make a nice meat sauce for pasta.

Also I cut back-strap into medallions and saute it with some garlic, onions, and olive oil.

Lunchbox

Nov 8, 2007
    AA Co.
    uuuh that sounds so good.

I've never shot a deer or been hunting... I don't have a license but I'd go in a heartbeat if I had someone to show me the ropes.

Some of the best breakfast sausage I've ever had was venison, my Uncle got 2 does one season and had one turned into just sausage with his home made seasonings(spicey) it was sooo good.

Adams74Chevy

Hits broadsides of barns
    Oct 3, 2007
    Carroll Co.
    I take deerburger and make a nice meat sauce for pasta.

Also I cut back-strap into medallions and saute it with some garlic, onions, and olive oil.

The deerburger in pasta sauce is a regular at our house. Also we'll take steaks and just brown them and add cream of mushroom soup and let the soup and steaks simmer for 20-30 minutes and serve with mashed taters, egg noodles or rice.

tundramuscle03

Beer Jockey
    Mar 19, 2007
    Dundalk Noob
    A good one is Canada goose marinated overnight in Montreal Steak Seasoning, Sage, Oregano and most important...Captain Morgan Tattoo, tastes great coming off the grill

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Dijon Rack of Doberman
    Yield: 4 servings

2 racks of Doberman (approx. 1.5 LB ea)
    salt and freshly ground black
    pepper, to taste
    3 TB Dijon-style mustard
    1/2 c butter (1 stick)
    2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
    1 c plain bread crumbs
    2 TB parsley, fresh and finely chopped

Season the racks of Doberman with salt and pepper. Heat a heavy frying pan and brown the fat on top of the Doberman over high heat. This will take 1 or 2 minutes and no oil is needed. Remove the meat from the pan and allow to cool. Rub the meat (not the bones of the Doberman) of each rack with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the mustard. Set aside.

In another frying pan, heat the butter and in it sauté the garlic a few seconds. Remove from the heat and stir in the bread crumbs and parsley. Coat the Doberman with the bread-crumb mixture by rolling the racks of Doberman directly in the frying pan of bread crumbs. There should be a coating of bread crumbs on the meat only, not on the bones. Place the racks on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast in a preheated 450-degree oven for 15 minutes for rare. (Add 10 minutes if you like it medium, but be careful not to overcook.) Remove the pan from the oven and allow the meat to stand in a warm place (but not on top of the stove) for 5 minutes. Slice into individual bone sections and serve at once.

Sweet and Sour Koala Loaf
    Yield: 4 servings

2 LB ground Koala
    1 cup cracker meal
    1/2 cup water
    2 eggs beaten
    1 onion chopped
    salt and pepper as desired
    11 oz can tomato sauce
    1/4 cup lemon juice
    1/2 cup sugar

Combine every thing except half of the tomato sauce, lemon juice and sugar. Shape meat mixture into loaf (we like to reform the meat into the shape of a living koala) and place in a baking dish. Combine the remaining tomato sauce, lemon juice and sugar and pour over meat loaf. Bake 350 degrees covered about 40 minutes, basting frequently. Then uncover and bake about 15 minutes more or until koala loaf is done.

http://www.petsorfood.com/recipes.shtml

Adams74Chevy

Hits broadsides of barns
    Oct 3, 2007
    Carroll Co.
    I made venison meatloaf tonight and it was pretty darn good. I know it's nothing too outragous or different than most meatloafs but it works. This is enough for my wife and I for dinner, next days lunch and then a slice left for a snack Increase the amounts for more peoples as needed.

2-3 lbs. of venison burger
    2 eggs
    1 sleeve of crackers
    1 Tablespoon Wochestershire sauce
    1 Tablespoon Dehydrated diced onions (can use fresh and/or vary amount)
    1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
    Ketchup for on top for the last 10-15 minutes if you like

Mix it up and bake it like any other meatloaf. Can't wait to eat the leftovers at lunch tomorrow

kcd

quickdraw
    Jul 21, 2007
    Fort Washington
    I made some Japanese curry using venison last night. It was pretty good. Washing it down with some Beaujolais Nouveau made it even better.

The curry paste is called S&B, which can be found in most oriental or gourmet grocery stores. Just follow directions on the package.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    A good one is Canada goose marinated overnight in Montreal Steak Seasoning, Sage, Oregano and most important...Captain Morgan Tattoo, tastes great coming off the grill

I might have to try this, I just shot a few geese Saturday and Im looking for some good recipes. I breasted them all out and cut out the little tender loins. Should be tatsy.

xd40c

Business Owner-Gun Toter
    Sep 20, 2007
    East Earl, PA
    Here's a carp recipe we always enjoyed:

Skin and fillet a good sized carp (4 lbs +)
    Season to taste. I always have liked good old lemon and pepper
    Cook the fish on a pine board for 45 min or until flaky
    When cooking complete, throw away the fish and eat the board :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom